Chatham Area Transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkendr23

Hello to all. I have been trying to locate the frequencies for the CAT (Chathan Area Transit) buses in Savannah, GA. They have been off the air for a while now. Does anyone have any idea what happened? Did they go to a digital system? Also I would appreciate if anyone would give me their opinion on the digital systems used in the Savannah area(Chatham County) as far as clarity and reception. I work near the airport, but I live in Bryan county. Thanks in advance and Happy Scanning!

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
I can't answer for Chatham Area Transit because I don't monitor them. As far as the digital systems go, there is really only one fully digital system in the area and that is the Fort Stewart/Hunter AAF system. The Chatham-Effingham system is mixed mode analog and digital. Currently, there are many more analog users of that system than there are digital. If you are interested in monitoring the law enforcement users, they are digital. Most other public safety is still analog, although there a few digital admin channels.

Using a BC796 and a BC396 I have no trouble with readabiility on either system as long as you are within range of a site. Digital becomes unreadble more quickly than analog as you reach the fringe coverage of any system, that is just the nature of the beast. The only "quirk" in reception I have noticed is that the Richmond Hill site of the Fort Stewart/Hunter AAF system has poor coverage to the north.

Jkendr23

Hi MAC. Thanks for the reply. I haven't heard from you (and a few others) in some time. It's good to know that you are still monitoring. I'm down to one scanner now, a 246T that has given me great service. I travel from Savannah to Augusta and Atlanta. Times are changing, but part of the fun is keeping up with the frequency changes. A few years ago I was looking to but a Alinco DJ-X10 and you had one for sale. Take care and Happy Monitoring!

Status
Not open for further replies.