Chatham-Kent Fire, CK4

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossfire291

I've been listening to a fire in Chatham-Kent, and I have heard what sounds to be a call sign or designation "CK4". I'm assuming it's a chief, but can't be certain. If anyone can confirm this that would be great!

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yep
any CK 1 2 3 4 units are fire cheif/inspectors
They get to take their truck/car home with them.
I know that CK2 (or was at the time) lived in wallaceburg and got a pretty red dodge charger with red lights and sirens but no marking on it.

crossfire291

Yep
any CK 1 2 3 4 units are fire cheif/inspectors
They get to take their truck/car home with them.
I know that CK2 (or was at the time) lived in wallaceburg and got a pretty red dodge charger with red lights and sirens but no marking on it.

Okay, I was thinking this was the case. The red Charger, is not a bright red, it's a darker red, and I think that's Chief Scharf's car.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yeah, Lives down the road from the hospital. He use to have a maroon chevy, then had a intrepid i think for a bit.. now the dark red charger

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I can pull in the CK EDACS system from Strathroy on my yagi quite nicely. Also depending on conditions I can get it fairly well in various areas of the house using an 800mhz rubber ducky. Pretty sure they must be using a simulcast system considering they cover from Tilbury to Wallaceburg to... wherever to the East. Thamesville at least.

VE3JSO

i tried to get them using the antenna that came with my pro 106 and no luck i must be to far away

crossfire291

hey crossfire can we get ck fire in our area?

I haven't updated my info recently, but I'm back in C-K again.That's why (if your familiar with my flickr and youtube accounts) I stopped getting photo's and video of Sarnia Fire, and now have mostly C-K Fire.

To answer your question, I was never able to pick up C-K in Sarnia. Not even in the highrise I used to live in, being above the trees and all that.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Really? That's sort of surprising... I can sorta get them using the wideband antenna on my truck when I'm in Sarnia.

VE3JSO

I haven't updated my info recently, but I'm back in C-K again.That's why (if your familiar with my flickr and youtube accounts) I stopped getting photo's and video of Sarnia Fire, and now have mostly C-K Fire.

To answer your question, I was never able to pick up C-K in Sarnia. Not even in the highrise I used to live in, being above the trees and all that.

ah ok so your sarnia fire buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.