Chatham-Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Can you confirm they are NOT encrypted? I had difficulty picking them up with a Pro Voice radio last year. I assumed it was because they were encrypted. Perhaps that wasn't the case.

Muxlow said:
No chance for CKPS
They have Provoice Jag's and orions
Unscannable... Unless you had a 800mhz jag 700p, lpe 200, or orion with provoice in it
Lots a monies thou

gwtc199

It sounds like our chances of hearing them on 866.2500 are going to be slim to none shortly. Had my scanner on at work yesterday, and I was picking up a lot of digital squelch. I think they started putting encryption or something on that channel also>!!!!

Muxlow

Super Secret
866.2500 is their repeaters
And.. It's just a temp thing for now. It WILL be shut down.. Whne.. Not sure
Iv noticed a few new CKPS Chargers only have one antenna. The little 800mhz antenex stubby. Then little maxrad whip is for the repeaters on the trunk. And some of the new cars don't have them no more
And im wondering about the traffic units. Iv noticed they have 3 antennas, 2 800mhz and a uhf.. Im thinking 400mhz range. It's only on the traffics units thou... Be nice to figure out what freq it is and see what it's useage is also

gwtc199

I'd like to know what 400Mhz freq they are using also!! We need someone with a close call capable scanner to pick it up.
At work both Sat & Sun. I heard the digital chainsaw sound on 866.2500, so I don't know what they are doing???

Muxlow

Super Secret
CKPS dont have computers in their cars
They will be getting them iv herd.. and saw that computers. But no time soon
Still in the testing phase
And their repeater freq works fine for me all the time still. Herd them last night fine aswell as today

Only difference in the marked and traffice cars is basicly the lights. Unmarked have more and thats about all i could see. Havnt saw inside of one thou.. So perhaps ooooooh. IDEA!
Maybe that antenna is for fleetnet. For them to communicate between CKPS and OPP?
Since OPP cover alot of ground is chatham kent as well.. And also with the 401 running past CK also?
Now i really want to see inside one.. JUUUUST to see if they have an extra radio or not
What do you guys think? Possible.. or maybe not

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
It's certainly possible. Niagara Regional Police have direct Fleetnet access on their radios, as evidenced a week ago when NRPS K9 was required for an OPP search. However, I seem to recall there being a full-time patch between one of the I-TAC channels and 142.7700 back in the day, which would take care of inter-op issues.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Hmm.. Im really wanting a close call scanner now.
Im scannerless rite now.. Just have my Orions and M-rk's .. Sucks having 5 different radios to hear everything 1 scanner can do.

gwtc199

I don't think they have Fleetnet radios, since they have a fulltime patch on EDACS, why waste money on another radio when all they have to do is switch channels. But of course anything is possible with CKPS. If I get a chance i'll get a look in one, maybe i'll ask the chief himself when I see him again.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Or sneak into thames comms when mr.maynard isnt in and ask one of the radio techs what this antenna is. And tell them it's keeping us up late at night wondering and that we just cant sleep because of it. And it would mean a great deal to us if they could tell us to ease our pain haha

sw_jamieson

The only close calls I have gotten are from the repeaters / car to car comms. I'll keep seaching.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I was thinking about hangin around the HQ or out by the traffic/dog services building for about a hour. OR if i saw a traffic unit follow them for a bit lol

Muxlow

Super Secret
CK Comm Dec 519 AFS 04-007 can be monitored. Every sunday CKPS officers and OPP do a test. Other then that iv herd it used maybe 4 times in 2007.
But it is analog. As well as their repeaters on 866.2500
That only works when your near one of the units out and about thou.
And only can hear chit chat on Operational Dec 522 AFS 04-012
If they are on Querry or the tac channels. You wont be able to hear that action

gwtc199

The last time I heard it being used for joint operations during that standoff near CK High School last year, other than that I just hear tests every Sunday, usually in the morning

Muxlow

Super Secret
2 or 3 months ago it was used twice in 1 night. Essex OPP and CKPS had a chase. Then later in the night a store on st.clair was robbed and they were on it talking to the OPP about getting some dogs around the area because the ckps didnt have any around i guess

Then maybe 2 weeks after that, CKPS and OPP had a chase outside of wallaceburg that led into lambton county then middlesex

Status
Not open for further replies.