Chatham-Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_jamieson

I'm looking at purchasing a Undien BC246T, my question is if this radio is compatiable with the Chatham-Kent Fire system. Here is the link to the radio referance in CK <http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=4285>
Thanks

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
If you are talking about the EDACS system and you only want to listen to FDP calls then yes, the 246 is a good option. All PD T/G'S are unscannable by any make/model.
I had a 246 at one time and it worked well with EDACS systems.
Fleetnet analog is another story (weak audio unless you were very close to the tower)

akroeze

EJB said:
If you are talking about the EDACS system and you only want to listen to FDP calls then yes, the 246 is a good option. All PD T/G'S are unscannable by any make/model.
I had a 246 at one time and it worked well with EDACS systems.
Fleetnet analog is another story (weak audio unless you were very close to the tower)

I'm using a 246T now, don't notice the problem you mention but I have nothing to compare to. What do you use that you find is better?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Well I sold my 246 last month.
I found it poor on Fleetnet, I cannot switch from FM to NFM which makes a difference.
When I was listening to, for example a NFM system like Hamilton or TPS it boomed while I had to listen hard to really hear Fleetnet.
I had other issues with it as well.
Unless you are really close to a tower or have a good antenna it just did not do a good job sound wise for me.
That said my 296 isnt much better for analog Fleetnet.

wyldman

I think it's just the way analog Fleetnet is.I have had problems with it on my 246,my 330,and my 396.The 330 and 396 do a much better job than the 246 (AGC maybe ?),but there is still a huge volume difference between analog Fleetent,and anything else.If your listening to with the volume cranked (which you almost have to),and anything else is recieved,you get blown away by the difference in volume.

I

polo_762

I have the same problem with my 246.....for those of you with Digital Scanners....is Fleetnet any louder in digital mode? I'm debating upgrading into the digital world...but I'm waiting for them to come down in price

polo_762

Oddly enough, I find that my bct-8 picks up analog fleetnet quite well, but it can be a real pain, as you can't do multiple sites in the same bank, since there's no CC-only mode for VHF... so if you're looking for a decent, and cheap, base station scanner that'll pick up everything you need to hear in Chatham-Kent, maybe consider that (although if I had to choose between my 246 and my bct-8, I'd likely go with the 246)

Diddley

Fleetnet/Chatham-Kent monitoring..

Just out of curiousity, has anyone in the Chatham-Kent area been experiencing strange sounds and interference on the MOH frequencies? I would describe the sound as like a "buzzing" or "scratchy" fluttering audio sounds... This has happened three times now in the past month, and it can be quite annoying... Have a BCT8 hooked up to a Scantenna ST-2.

73's
Diddley

transam76

I have a pro96 and i live in this area, this scanner has been really good to me picks up all the stuff, in the area except the local PD which are hit and miss. But for Ck Fire, AMB, and OPP all work well. You'll pay more but you will be more happier in the long run.

sw_jamieson

Bc246t

So far I have been suscessful with this scanner, for chatham kent and Windsor. Working on CTCSS frequency now.

Junior76sx

My BC246T works great when I am in Chatham for the Chatham-Kent frequencies but I find if I am in Tilbury or any other small town in the Municipality they don't come in that clear.

gonyou96

hey, I have a bct8 and i was wondering how do you program it to pick up chatham kent police, i know that i need to program it under edacs, and i think i have it programmed right, but i don't hear anything

Muxlow

Super Secret
No chance for CKPS
They have Provoice Jag's and orions
Unscannable... Unless you had a 800mhz jag 700p, lpe 200, or orion with provoice in it
Lots a monies thou

sw_jamieson

There is a CkPolice to OPP link that you can receive on fleetnet. (525 04-015 D link to OPP on Fleetnet ).

Status
Not open for further replies.