Chattanooga - New Digital TGID Popping Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
While leaving work yesterday evening I heard a digital signal that was not real clear. I looked at the scanner and saw the TGID 33232. I was moving in the car so that may be why it was not clear. The only thing I picked up in the conversation was that someone was in fron of LFO in Ft. Oglethorpe. The may be a new Catoosa Co ID.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Additional Activity - Catoosa County

This morning I heard Catoosa County unit calling Catoosa County on 33200.

beeeno

Question

Do you find these new TGID's by scanning in open mode or is there a way to only search for digital transmissions? I'm going to plug these two in tonight and see what I can find out. I'll let you know if I learn anything.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Do you find these new TGID's by scanning in open mode or is there a way to only search for digital transmissions? I'm going to plug these two in tonight and see what I can find out. I'll let you know if I learn anything.

These were found using "open scan". I have one of the banks set to "open" and have locked out all of the ID's possible, so I only get any "new" digital that might pop up.

ButchGone

New tg's

I too have seen the 33200 digi group on the Ringgold tower. It did not pop up on the main Chattanooga system. I did not have my 396 at the time, heard the digi noise on a 245 and was active in the morning. I wonder, since it seems to only affiliate with the Ringgold tower if this is the digi group for the courts channel? Have not heard/seen the 33232. I also heard some chit-chat, analog, on 24592, dunno what that was. I have also heard two GSP units on Catoosa Sheriff's main digi group, so maybe they are giving the state people radios for local system like they do everywhere else in Georgia???
Anybody else confirm what the 33200/33232 are?
BG..

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
I wonder, since it seems to only affiliate with the Ringgold tower if this is the digi group for the courts channel?
BG..

You know, when I heard the traffic on 33200 the same officer went back to the CCSO channel and informed the dispatcher that he was unable to raise anyone on the "court" channel! Haven't had the chance to listen in the past couple of days. Maybe tonight!

I live just outside the City of Ringgold and I pick up Chattanooga Police, Ft. O Police, East Ridge Police, EMS, and the fire department all on the same channel. Lately I have just been picking up the Catoosa County Sheriffs Department only. I use 866.6250

Last edited:

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Catoose Couny Monitoring

I have the Catoose County and Chattanooga sites both programmed into one bank. I will "lock-out" one or the other control channels to check each sites effectiveness. I generally monitor the Chattanooga site because the control channel is stronger. I once again heard "court conversations" on the 33200 again this morning!

beeeno

I have the Catoose County and Chattanooga sites both programmed into one bank. I will "lock-out" one or the other control channels to check each sites effectiveness. I generally monitor the Chattanooga site because the control channel is stronger. I once again heard "court conversations" on the 33200 again this morning!

I live near the 350 exit, and I normally keep the Brock, Simulcast, locked out. I get much stronger signal off the ringgold site. Off the others I get alot of "going digital" as the dispatcher likes to say. I also get alot of popping and cracking when listening to Chattanooga on the Simulcast. Even with my external ant. mounted bout 20 feet up. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.