chattanooga scanner friendly stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

Im wondering if anyone would know of any scanner friendly and or knowledgable stores in the chattanooga TN area? ones that may sell antennas, mast, scanners, etc?? Ive visited a couple of radioshack stores in fort oglethorpe GA and east ridge TN, both were more geared towards cell phone sales than anything, I dont mind doing business over the web but it would be nice to know of a vendor in town to check some things out, thanks and my appologies if this is the wrong forum for this question

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Doc's Communications in Rossville on Chickamauga Avenue would be a good place, i've heard!

ButchGone

Re:

If you can avoid Docs, please do! They are WAAAAY overpriced!! For example, batteries for portable two-way radios are three times more expensive than Batteries Plus, and they want ridiculous prices for radio gear. Try CT Morgan and Associates - they deal with commercial and amateur radio equipment. Otherwise, Ham Radio Outlet in Atlanta or Grove Enterprises in Brasstown NC are both about two hours away.
BG..

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Butch! I'm not familure with any other suppliers of such equipment in this area!

stevolene

thanks, so in other words, its travel to huntsville or atlanta, I didnt even know docs was still in business, thought he went about the same time as frostys CB shop did

Status
Not open for further replies.