BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Cheap gps setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrr8081

I am looking to set up the GPS location via antenna and I don't want to spend $100 or so just to see if I want to do it or not. What would be my cheapest route for all I need to buy; antenna, power, adapters, etc?

Jrr8081

I finally found his email to get ahold of Jon because I kept getting a error message when I tried to click on his name. Thanks

Last edited:

wagonm

I am interested in Jonathan’s mod, but stated that it will void the warranty. Should i be concern?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Uniden's history has been spotty so it might pay to wait until the warranty has expired. Before Jon installed my GPS, I had already returned the SDS100 for the infamous solder problem. As it turned out, the Uniden repair was questionable. The scanner worked but the solder repair was only hanging on by a thread. Not only did Jon install the GPS, he also fixed the cold solder joint again and found and repaired some others that were dubious (and all this at a very reasonable price).

When I decided to get the GPS, my warranty had expired. It's a judgement call but all other things being equal, I'd wait.

wagonm

I just found that warranty is only for original owner, since i bought used, guess i don’t have factory warranty anyway.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.