Cheap Handheld Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

Just a book end from walley world and you are all set Toy Hamster not included
listeningpost200001-5.jpg

ltjweiss

i just bought those book ends the other day at walley world, i have mine turn around the other way and adjusted the angle more like 60 degrees to counter the weight, those dang handhelds are just too unstable by themselves. i think i have the same antenna on my pro-95 that you have on your bearcat (left one). Center-Loaded Telescoping?

Last edited:

mrkelso

i just bought those book ends the other day at walley world, i have mine turn around the other way and adjusted the angle more like 60 degrees to counter the weight, those dang handhelds are just too unstable by themselves. i think i have the same antenna on my pro-95 that you have on your bearcat (left one). Center-Loaded Telescoping?

Thanks for the idea about turning them around and doing a bend in them.

Austin4Wyo

I also use a metal bookend for my PSR-500. I turned the edges in a little bit with a pair of pliers (I measured it so they bend in the same place and don't look all that hokey) so that the scanner can't fall off if it slides too far to one side or the other. I'm not inclined to let a $500 radio go bouncing off my tile if I can avoid it ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.