• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cheap Mot Antennas on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenVa

Lots of stuff scanner/radio related is going for more on ebay than you can buy it from the retail guys. I've seen stuff on ebay 50-200 higher than on scanner master for instance. There was a 996xt on there the other day for the buy it now price of $699.99 and starting bid of $499.99.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I've seen some terrible deals for other Uniden's on there as well. I see HT1250's listed for over 400 dollars...

VE3RADIO

Looks like shilling to me, all the ridiculous high bids are from the same bidders. All the legit ones dropped out at $200.00. Winning bidder has only had 3 bids in the last 30 days and 1/3 of all bids the winner has made are with the lister, something fishy here.

Seems like a good way to l a u n d er money if you ask me.. Put an item up for sale that not too many people know a lot about, rack the bid up really high and use the auction as a proof of sale/income...

defiantly something crooked going on.

K

kb0nly

Report it for Shill Bidding.. Only way to get those jokers off eBay.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
What gets me, is there is not even any bidding, those are the buy it now prices!!!! insane!!!

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Geez, it appears some people bought some too. On a strange, related note, look at this recent crazy auction: Motorola XTS 2500I | eBay

Lmao, there's no way thats legit.

And as for people buying the antennas, the "#'s sold" listing actually says for the 5-6 dollar range, which is much more reasonable.. so they must be trying something by racking it up like that.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Lmao, I love the ascension of price on that 2500: 500$, 600$, 700$, 800$... "eh what the hell": 12,000$. Must be member of the 1% club.

bezking

On a semi-related note it's advisable to stay away from the knock-off antennas on eBay. I just got an MTS2000 in today - the radio is a UHF-Low split and it had a supposedly-UHF antenna that actually looked exactly like an 800 mHz stubby whip. Needless to say the performance was mediocre compared to an OEM UHF whip.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
On a semi-related note it's advisable to stay away from the knock-off antennas on eBay. I just got an MTS2000 in today - the radio is a UHF-Low split and it had a supposedly-UHF antenna that actually looked exactly like an 800 mHz stubby whip. Needless to say the performance was mediocre compared to an OEM UHF whip.

You mean one that looks like this?: Stubby UHF Antenna For Motorola Radio HT-1000 MTS-2000 XTS-2500 XTS-3500 MTX-838 | eBay

Cause I also got a UHF MTS2000 that had one like that and I'm fairly certain it was 800MHz too.. I don't think Motorola ever made UHF stubby "whips" at all. The only legitimate Motorola UHF stubby's I've seen have all been the thick Helix type. Which is confusing because the UHF and VHF ones look the same.

RodStrong

Definitely some low end antennas out there. I am all about experimenting with knockoff accessories and saving money when possible, but I have had lots of bad luck with antennas from various vendors.

Regarding Kawamall, I won't hesitate to buy certain things from them, but not antennas. They are just too cheap.

Most of the problematic antennas I have bought from various vendors actually work okay, but the rubber housings come off prematurely due to poor gluing.

And there are a lot of antennas that actually say "Motorola" on them that are fake. Often you can quickly tell the difference by the trademark M on the antenna being slightly different.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Definitely shady things going on there. Also, many of those antennas are not only knock-offs but complete counterfeits, complete with /\/\ logos.

I showed the XTS auction to the guys at work today and they couldn't wrap their minds around it!

bezking

You mean one that looks like this?: Stubby UHF Antenna For Motorola Radio HT-1000 MTS-2000 XTS-2500 XTS-3500 MTX-838 | eBay

Cause I also got a UHF MTS2000 that had one like that and I'm fairly certain it was 800MHz too.. I don't think Motorola ever made UHF stubby "whips" at all. The only legitimate Motorola UHF stubby's I've seen have all been the thick Helix type. Which is confusing because the UHF and VHF ones look the same.

Yup, that's exactly the one. I agree, the only genuine UHF stubby antennas I've seen Mot make are those thick ones. In fact that's what's on the radio right now :cool:.

jruta

That's why I just paid more for a vhf one from "Myradiomall". Hoping its genuine. Never dealt with them before, and didn't want to take an "auction site" chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.