Cheap Uniden Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Anybody know where I can get a good price on Uniden digital scanner anywhere? I know RadioShack is selling a 996XT for $99

JoeyC

RS is not selling 996xts for $99. (Yes I've seen that thread)
If they were, people would be buying them up like crazy as that is an insanely low price for a high-end digital Uniden scanner.

JamesO

I am calling the RS Clearance BCD996XT Urban Myth/BS until someone posts pictures of their $99 996XT from Radio Shack!

If it is going on, it is not nationwide, it is regional.

At Radio Shack in my region, the 996XT are $349.97 as I recall when I last checked and there was VERY little inventory in my region.

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Premium Subscriber
If you have a Fry's Electronics near you check their CB radio section (that is IF a store in your area carries them) I don't know for a fact but I suspect they may be clearing out their radio merchandise. I posted picture of mine that was purchased for 223. new. Amazing find. I could not rationalize forking out 500 dollars for a toy in the house only I would use, so the low price made my decision. FYI about that Radio Shack deal- the consensus is it may be "legit" as OP posted pictures (as I did also, with the price sticker and my receipt)

this is all speculation but maybe just maybe Uniden is telling retailers to "name their own price" to liquidate all old product on shelves? Considering the low low prices we are hearing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.