Cheapest place for PSR-500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

I tried the usual methods, google/froogle etc. but no joy.

Can you post the vendors/stores where you bought your PSR-500's from and for how much?

There's a radioshack in town, but I doubt they'll be cheapest.

David.

raisindot

Napalm said:
Hi guys,

I tried the usual methods, google/froogle etc. but no joy.

Can you post the vendors/stores where you bought your PSR-500's from and for how much?

There's a radioshack in town, but I doubt they'll be cheapest.

David.

I haven't found a single place that sells it new for less than $499. Universal had an open box one listed on their site for $480 awhile ago, but why bother when you can get a new one for $19 more?

Instead of trying to find a lower price, try to save money on shipping and taxes. Some places ship for free, and some don't charge sales taxes. I got my via Ebay from Lentini Communications. No sales tax and no shipping, so the whole cost was $499 even paid through Paypal, and it arrived two days after I bought it.

Suzie

Patch42

I spent a couple hours searching online before buying mine. I found that everyone selling the PSR-500 wanted essentially the same amount for it. I bought mine from the local ham radio shop since the price was the same and I got the instant gratification.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Ok, thanks fellas.

That was the conclusion I came up with.

I also hate waiting for things to be delivered, so I may see if there are any radio shops besides RS in and around the area.

(Bridgeport/Trumbull CT)

raisindot

Napalm said:
Ok, thanks fellas.

That was the conclusion I came up with.

I also hate waiting for things to be delivered, so I may see if there are any radio shops besides RS in and around the area.

(Bridgeport/Trumbull CT)

Radio Shack doesn't carry them, I don't think.

However, Letini Communications is located in Newington, CT. Not sure how far that is away from where you are.

Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.