Check out this photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPD1

Did they mention what the main use was? Looks like it would be more for security, or maybe joint stuff with civilian orgs.

kma371

QRT
Nice rack.

We just got those Motorola's at work in the cars. Is the color changeable from orange to green? The orange is too bright for night shift.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Looks like a bunch of 5000's with an ACU1000. Not a big deal actually.

bezking

Here's the link:

U.S. Northern Command

Officers attending a Joint Task Force Commander Training Course at U.S. Northern Command at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs on Jan. 28, 2009, learn about the National Guard's Joint Incident Site Communications Capability (JISCC), a communications bridge between first responders and other local, state and federal agencies that can provide global communications within one hour of arrival on scene. U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Jim Greenhill

@kma, there is a button option for color - I think there are a few to choose from...

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Santa's gonna need a bigger bag!! I could clean off my bench for him?:lol:
N9ZAS

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Nice rack.

We just got those Motorola's at work in the cars. Is the color changeable from orange to green? The orange is too bright for night shift.

Yes, you can change the color on the XTL 5000. You can change the color from red to green to anywhere in between.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There are a ton of preset colors on the XTL5K including pure red and pure green, and as GROCKSHD said, everything in between.

Interesting layout in the pic and hope nobody slaps the "mic wall" door closed by accident!

I have to label three mics and radios in order to keep them straight for firefighters.. I guess either the NG guys are better at sorting 'em out or not using them at all!

Interesting looking at the labels.. "UHF 1" and "UHF 2", "VHF 1" and "VHF 2", and what are the last ones? Looks like OCC to me but might be 800 (again, 1 and 2).

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
I have to label three mics and radios in order to keep them straight for firefighters.. I guess either the NG guys are better at sorting 'em out or not using them at all!

Interesting looking at the labels.. "UHF 1" and "UHF 2", "VHF 1" and "VHF 2", and what are the last ones? Looks like OCC to me but might be 800 (again, 1 and 2).

If you look on top of the mic's there are different colored lables that coincides with the pig tails that plug into the radio.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It probably has to be enabled in the menu. IIRC you hit the menu button and find the softkey marked COLR, then go from there.

Squad10

The soldier with the eyewear is saying "and I can control all those radios with the iPhone that's in my hand"

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
I Would still take a PRC-117
PRC-117F%20Keco.JPG

and an Blue Force Tracker
2434867870083386568soElyV_ph.jpg

Over any Motorola product any day of the week.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
HT Antenna On Pic With UnManned A/C

http://www.northcom.mil/Images/Images_2009/090311-F-3715H-034.jpg

Zoom in on his Handi-Talki in the back pocket and check out his antenna......I would assume that it's for HF ops, but who knows. I have seen some radio geeks at hamfests with some huge MIL HT's and antennas whacking other people, but this is the largest I have ever seen. If he stood in the middle of a big puddle, he would have a decent ground plane and probably a useable radiation pattern.

Or......I could be way off base here and it is not an H/T.

Vince /\ KI4VBR - Palm Harbor, FL

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
At first I thought he was just happy to see me!

If you look real close at the UAV, you can see a minimum of 800 MHz steel whip on the top!

Status
Not open for further replies.