• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Check out what I just picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyomingmedic

Well, I paid the full MSRP of about $1200. Worth it to be one of the first (if not the first) hamster in the U.S. to own one. Crazy how small it is.

WM

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Worth it to be one of the first (if not the first) hamster in the U.S. to own one. Crazy how small it is.

WM

You're a bit late. Wiscomm has sold quite a few to the guys on Batlabs and P25.ca.

I had a dealer loaner for a while and found it to be a nice little radio.

The lack of analog was a disappointment.

I did like the use of a regular USB cable for programming though.

wyomingmedic

Yes, the analog thing is certainly missing.

I hear rumor that they may be doing a flash upgrade in the near future.

WM

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
LoL..... and all I got was a lousy Wouxun for $80......

Sent from my DROIDX on the back of the engine using Tapatalk

wyomingmedic

Nothing wrong with the $80 Wouxun.

Despite having this ripping cool Trbo radio, there are no Trbo repeaters in the state. And the only other Trbo radio in town is my buddies. Fun on simplex.

LOL, It may find it's way onto Ebay. I could use that to put up a Trbo repeater LOL.

WM

SCPD

QRT
I'm gonna get one soon.
Right now the vendor is trying to run interference, talking about it not being intrinsicly safe.
(can never understand why he is trying to talk me OUT of a sale for him, but oh well).
But I keep showing the flyer to the bosses, they'll get some, and of course my fat fingers will order one more for me.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

wyomingmedic said:
Well, I paid the full MSRP of about $1200. Worth it to be one of the first (if not the first) hamster in the U.S. to own one. Crazy how small it is.

WM

Hamster? Please tell me you did not just identify people in the radio hobby as rodents.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hamster? Please tell me you did not just identify people in the radio hobby as rodents.

That's great!!! :lol::lol:

n9zas

WB0VHB

WM

Sorry but your not the first. Many of the hams on the TRBO-6 / DMR-MARC Mototrbo network have been using them since their release. I had one for several weeks now and wish the battery life was a little better.

cmdrwill

Originally Posted by WB0VHB "and wish the battery life was a little better."

"Interesting, what kind of duty cycle are you experiencing?"

How can that little radio have any battery life, there is no room for a battery............

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
One of the DMR-MARC ham radio guys had one at the RARSfest hamfest in Raleigh this weekend. Nice stealthy radio! Kind of like an XTS-4000.

I would be more interested if it were analog capable as well, because I carry around enough radios as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.