SDS100/SDS200: check your frequencies that were entered from the RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
I have had a Uniden SDS 100 since October 2020. Since I am fairly new to the scanning with talk groups and systems, I entered my postal code and Simcoe County was loaded from the RR database. When I was reviewing a couple of frequencies, I noticed not only did it not load all frequencies, mostly DMR. So I went through all the channels and had to add or edit channels. Some frequencies I have no idea where they got them from. Just saying check channels and frequencies

mciupa

Database Admin
If you can cite some examples, an explanation can be given. Respond with some database links, please.

For instance, if there are no talkgroups listed on the DMR system, it will not upload from Sentinel.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I entered my postal code and Simcoe County was loaded from the RR database. When I was reviewing a couple of frequencies, I noticed not only did it not load all frequencies, mostly DMR... Some frequencies I have no idea where they got them from. Just saying check channels and frequencies
This is why programming favorites lists via Sentinel or other supported programming software is preferred versus zip code entry if this is an area you wish to monitor frequently. This gives you more control over exactly whom you want to monitor

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
The frequencies came from the postal code I entered. It loaded Barrie and Simcoe county. So going thru the Fire departments in the county, none had the DMR channels,Midland had 155.010? and not the fire channel -169.290. Bradford-152.615?, Essa- 153.305? Springwater-153.290? Tiny-159.465? Barrie FDP-164.415?Wasaga Beach-train 1/2, tac2/bylaw were listed. The ones with question marks are frequencies I don't know where they came from.they are not listed anywhere.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You have an old database in your scanner and you need to update it and then write it to your radio.

Midland hasn’t been on 155.010MHz in quite a while.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen Bradford on 152.615MHz. It’s used by a few other departments for paging though.
Essa has always been on 153.305MHz but it’s part of their new DMR system that went live last year.
Springwater has never been on 153.290MHz.
Barrie does use 164.415MHz.

Here’s a link to the RR database page for Simcoe County:Simcoe County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Last edited:

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
That is the page I used to update. I was wondering why I was getting Richmond Hill and Shelbourne fire departments but not locally. Can't believe I went all this time. I just assumed they were there and it wasn't till I checked, I noticed. I even have a old 1990's Haruteq scanner book and they weren't in there.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
The frequencies are all present and correct in the RR database. If you’re missing them in your scanner then make sure you’ve got the most recent database uploaded to your scanner and you’ve set your range high enough to include the neighboring departments.

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
Okay this is a little odd but when I check the full database in the scanner, all the frequencies and color code etc. are there. It happen when I created a new system for Simcoe County Fire department. It had all the departments but no DMR frequencies? Don't know why it loaded this way?

mciupa

Database Admin
Is this how you create your Favorite List from the Full Database?

It should import everything with no exceptions, my database is from 04/04/2021

1617970700212.png

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the stuff is in the database, you're better off appending it to a favorite list than re-entering everything by hand.

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
What I did was when I started the new system like the FDP, I shut everything off except Fire Dispatch, Fire Tac, and Fire Talk, and the went to add to the database and entered yes and all the Fire Departments entered except for the DMR frequencies. I just figured that this was the way to do it? It wasn't till I reviewed the channels, in the favorites list did I notice. I have already loaded the frequencies manually which was quite nice to get more familiar with the scanner.One problem I did run into was after loading a frequency, it would let me enter the color codes but then wouldn't let me add talkgroups, and no idea how to enter LCN numbers???

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have to create a trunked system to enter LCN and talkgroups. If you don't understand why, then you shouldn't be trying to manually enter the data.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Not sure anyone mentioned this, but it will only load channel types that match the Service Types you have enabled. If you do not have a particular Service Type enabled, it will not load those channels.

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
So I bought a spare chip from Scanner Master with the Simcoe county programmed as a fovorite system. Well guess what?? when I re-viewed the fire departments and Ta Da...No DMR frequencies were included, I had to manully do it. So everyone was so concerned I had it all screwed up with wrong service types or systems not enabled and it came from RR database. So Check your frequencies???? Even from a reliable source.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
@N9JIG, can you take a look? I'm pretty sure the card came programmed correctly.

@scanfreqer, I just checked Sentinel and everything is there. The RR database and the Sentinel database are both correct for Simcoe County.

Either ScannerMaster goofed something up with your card or you've got your scanner setup wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.