Checking Interest For Radio Monitor Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
We haven't had a meeting for quite some time due to the COVID-19 pandemic quarantine. This is just a post to gauge interest.

With that in mind, is anybody here interested in another meeting? Tentatively, I might consider something as soon as Sunday, Febuary 19th, 2023 or Sunday, February 26, 2023.

I would likely use the party room at Davanni's, 8605 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420. We have used that in the past and it has worked out pretty well.

I don't have a lot of things to show off, but for those that haven't used the Unication G4/G5 with Firmware 1.33, you might want to see Hold and Blok functions. Also, I have enjoyed using Full Spectrum Scan, now that Hold and Blok are available.

For those interested in amateur radio or GMRS equipment, I can bring my DVMEGA Cast, DVMEGA DVstick 30/laptop computer, AnyTone AT-D878UV, RFinder B1+ or Hytera PDC760. Just let me know if any of those things interest you and I can bring them.

If someone wants a talk-in frequency/talkgroup, etc. I am open to that, too. I can get on DMR, D-Star, System Fusion, NXDN and P25, as well as analog. Given the location, for those accessing repeaters via traditional RF, there are repeaters in Bloomington on analog, DMR, D-Star and System Fusion. My preference, if we go digital, would be something on DMR Brandmeister. We could easily use talkgroup carried on one of the local repeaters. (If we went D-Star, I would consider XLX632. I know YSF is available, but I wouldn't want to tie up MNWis.)

If you are interested, please post the following:

1) Date preference (02-19-2023 or 02-26-2023).

2) Time frame preference. Usually we do this around a meal time. Would you prefer a lunch time slot, say Noon-2PM or a dinner time slot, say 4 PM to 6 PM.

JASII

Memory Capacity
This is a go for Sunday, 02-19-2023, 1700-1900 (5PM to 7 PM) at Davanni's, 8605 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420.

Just a few quick reminders.

You may order food ahead of time, if you want, but it is not required.

There is free wifi located there.

Matt, I know this is kind of putting you on the spot, but what are the chances I could talk you into bringing your laptop computer and SDR equipment? I enjoyed seeing it in the past and I would love to see it again.

For anybody so inclined, please feel free to share this information.

I may ask Matt NØTNL to put out something on the 146.760 and/or 146.850 Saturday and Sunday nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.