Chenango County Broadcastify Feed

b18c_ej8

Feed Provider
Does anyone know who provides the Broadcastify feed for Chenango County, or even where the feed originates (what Town or even area of the County)?

Sounds like there's a system issue going on, possibly a Fire base not working properly.

Screenshot_20230323_200653_Scanner Radio Pro.jpg

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
I do not, but I have attempted to contact them a time or two when the feed seemed to disappear for days, using the "report a problem" button. I'm not sure if they received it or not but the feed came back online after a few days. I agree there has been an issue since I started listening to it a year ago. 460.075 Fire/EMS Dispatch seems to go "buzzy" about 40% of the time, like the frequency drifts. Perhaps it's an old scanner, sound card issue or simply their antenna/receive issue. I have since purchased new scanners and use ProScan webserver for my away-from-home listening. I have been contemplating applying to Broadcastify as a provider, adding NYSP base and car, fire dept truck TAC A-C for fire scenes (if allowed). I'm still getting my feet wet however, but learning quickly. I will be interested if anyone has the answer to your query.

b18c_ej8

Feed Provider
Not all feeds have the Contact Broadcaster button. Last night I clicked report a problem , which is not there now, and said there was a nasty hum. Now the feed is down.

View attachment 138758

Law was coming through loud and clear last night, so I'm not sure the issue is related to the Feed Provider's equipment. Sounds more like an infrastructure problem at a site.

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the scanner feed directly most of yesterday and until about 8:30pm. I experienced no hum or audio problems directly. Audio was clear.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Audio sounded good but when there was no audio, that's when I was hearing a hum. I did have the volume up pretty high. I was not hearing any hum on the other feeds I monitor with the volume is up that high. Either way, there's a problem somewhere as the feed is now offline.

k2hz

Database Admin
As a feed provider, both my own and as a partner in the many ARS-NET wide area feeds, I find it frustrating when a feed provider will not respond to listener concerns. It seems in this case that both the Contact Broadcaster and Report a Problem link have been removed from that feed. IMHO a poor sounding and unsupported feed gives Broadcastify a bad name.

But we need to remember that feeds are provided voluntarily and with no financial compensation for most feeds, so the feed provider may have a "If you don't like it, don't listen" attitude although this is unfortunate.

Keep in mind that the feed provider often has no connection with, and is not responsible for, problems with the stations being monitored. We have problems on our multi-county Fire alerting feeds with intermittent simulcast distortion issues on some counties. While fire paging analog simulcast is synchronized for reception within the target county our site may be some distance away from a particular county so subject to signal propagation variables. But, we do attempt to put notices on the feed about known problems and do respond to listener inquiries.

In any event, I understand questions on here about "Is any one else having a problem" but, once it is confirmed something is wrong with a feed, it should be referred to the Broadcastify Admins if the broadcaster can not be contacted or will not respond so the problem gets attention. I have found that some feed providers are not participants in the Forums. They may have a user ID but no reported activity and do not allow PMs.

b18c_ej8

Feed Provider
As a feed provider, both my own and as a partner in the many ARS-NET wide area feeds, I find it frustrating when a feed provider will not respond to listener concerns. It seems in this case that both the Contact Broadcaster and Report a Problem link have been removed from that feed. IMHO a poor sounding and unsupported feed gives Broadcastify a bad name.

But we need to remember that feeds are provided voluntarily and with no financial compensation for most feeds, so the feed provider may have a "If you don't like it, don't listen" attitude although this is unfortunate.

Keep in mind that the feed provider often has no connection with, and is not responsible for, problems with the stations being monitored. We have problems on our multi-county Fire alerting feeds with intermittent simulcast distortion issues on some counties. While fire paging analog simulcast is synchronized for reception within the target county our site may be some distance away from a particular county so subject to signal propagation variables. But, we do attempt to put notices on the feed about known problems and do respond to listener inquiries.

In any event, I understand questions on here about "Is any one else having a problem" but, once it is confirmed something is wrong with a feed, it should be referred to the Broadcastify Admins if the broadcaster can not be contacted or will not respond so the problem gets attention. I have found that some feed providers are not participants in the Forums. They may have a user ID but no reported activity and do not allow PMs.
I was in no way bashing the feed or provider. I have a legitimate reason for asking who the provider was or where they were located, which I won't get into here, but I can PM you if you'd like to know more. I'm not a stalker, I promise LOL

I'm a provider myself and it's frustrating when there are problems.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Occasionally the 460.075 bleeds over 460.0875 (County coordinators channel) on that feed and that's what will cause the buzz/static.