Chep Chinese Mass Produce Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi
Are there any Cheap Mass Produced Antenna for <30Mhz Reception?
I found just some 125KHZ/ 13.56 MHz RFID Antenna.

Are there any extreme Cheap Shortwave Radio Antenna?

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Your question kinda goes along with your question about the AN200. That certainly qualifies as a mass produced antenna for below 30 Mhz (even though it just covers the MW band). eTon/Grundig made a clone of that antenna (under the same model number no less), although it is quite possible that the Tecsun model is a clone of the Grundig...hard to tell

Anyway, probably the most recommeded mass-produced HF antenna would have to be, hands down, the PAR EF-SWL,...(no it's not Chinese - wonder why your would say that, but I'm guessing that you think that since the Tecsun is Chinese made that others are too...)

Par EndFedZ® Antennas | LNR Precision Inc

which is sold by many different distributors, including Universal Radio in Ohio

Of course, there are any number of homebrew designs out there which work just as well, if not better, in some cases, so I wouldn't necessarily limit myself to just ones that were mass-produced

Mike

Last edited:

Your_account

Banned
which is sold by many different distributors, including Universal Radio in Ohio
That mean I have to Pay an huge import Tax and shipping cost (who add to the import tax).
Sorry thats why I ask about Chinese Stuff the rush to the custom and nobody ask any question or for Tax.

The chinese make a wrong customer declaration who everyone ignore thankfully.

Rred

An RFID antenna is probably meant to interrogate RFID patches, which are the flat foil tracings you'll see behind the price stickers on steaks, or in library book bindings.

It isn't for radio listening or shortwave at all.

If you need to beat import tariffs, just buy a roll of copper wire and run out some dipole antennas. Dirt cheap and damned effective.

Gambling on the quality of the "lowest possible cost" Chinese sourced products is usually not a winning gamble.

Your_account

Banned
If you need to beat import tariffs, just buy a roll of copper wire and run out some dipole antennas.
I try to play with Copper Wires but I got nothing. Only Noise and some very weak Radio Signal nothing elese.

And yes I use an Up converter who is set rite with an good SDR.

Rred

Assuming you are following measurements for a tuned dipole, and it gets you nothing?
There's a bigger problem and no mail-order antenna will solve it.

Pick a station with a known powerful signal that you should be able to receive. Set up an antenna that is tuned for that band. If you can't get the station...there's something else wrong, to fix first.

Delta33

I try to play with Copper Wires but I got nothing. Only Noise and some very weak Radio Signal nothing elese.

A roll of Copper strand will solve almost Any antenna need, as long as you Know what your doing. ;)

Boombox

DX conditions on Shortwave have been mediocre lately. It might not have been the antenna -- perhaps it was a poor night for Shortwave reception overall.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Which Tecsun (do you mean the little MW loop that is sold under several other names) and which SDR? Please be specific; details matter

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm guessing here, but I would think you would need a balun so that it would work with an SDR - assuming here that you have something along the lines of the RTL-SDR stick (PLEASE be specific - some SDRs have hi impedance antenna inputs, others don't....). But which balun you would need is an open question. Let's see if some of the folks here can come up with it. MIke

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A very oversimplified description - it's an abbreviation for balanced to unbalanced. What we are talking about here is a device that takes the balanced load (as represented by your loop, which can have 2 wires coming out of it that are identical to each other) and transforms it to an unbalanced load, as represented by the little SMA connector that is found on most RTL-SDR type sticks.

If we don't use a balun, very little energy will flow from the loop to the stick. The problem is that loops like this little AN-200 aren't made to work on a SDR - they are usually intended to work near a portable radio (where it would inductively couple to the ferrite loopstick in the radio) or on a stereo receiver (where the 2 wires would connect to a balun, and then to the stereo itself). There are several different kinds of baluns - one of the more common ones is the so-called 9:1 transformer, often referred to as a 'magnetic longwire balun'. However in this case we need something a bit higher in the ratio. I am just not sure how high you would need to go to accomplish this. I've seen YouTube videos on folks using such a setup (so it can be done), but I am not entirely sure how.

I need to press you on the EXACT model of your SDR. There are some models that would not need a balun for the loop to work properly - the SDRPlay version 2 is one, and I have heard that there is at least one model with an upconverter that might not need it at all. I don't have any idea why you can't or won't say which one it is, because it's tough shooting in the dark without complete information...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Keep in mind that the AN200 only covers the MW band; you would need a different antenna for the 2-30 Mhz range...Mike

Your_account

Banned
I need to press you on the EXACT model of your SDR.
I dont know the are just the cheap Chinesse Dongle without any Vendor Name.
Keep in mind that the AN200 only covers the MW band
Do you know what the different between the AN-100 and 200 is?

Status
Not open for further replies.