Cherokee County now live on the Cobb RRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Is this it? WPQY590 Looks like it was done with mostly water tanks and one on top of Pine Log and an exiting tower at 911 center. I've never listed to Cherokee but might see if Fire makes its way on to the Cobb simulcast with any regularity like Douglas County does.

WPQY590

Fixed CHATTIN DR OFF UNIVETER RD
CANTON, GA CHEROKEE County 34-11-35.0 N, 084-29-36.0 W

Fixed 454 CARTERSVILLE ST
BALL GROUND, GA CHEROKEE County 34-20-28.5 N, 084-22-41.0 W

Fixed 12370 EAST CHEROKEE DR
BALL GROUND, GA CHEROKEE County 34-16-16.4 N, 084-22-06.1 W

Fixed 6131 GA-92
ACWORTH, GA CHEROKEE County 34-05-20.0 N, 084-35-13.2 W

Fixed 735 NEESE RD
WOODSTOCK, GA CHEROKEE County 34-05-46.6 N, 084-29-30.3 W

Fixed 1030 TOWER RD
WALESKA, GA CHEROKEE County 34-19-18.8 N, 084-38-13.3 W

Casey

Looks like Cherokee Fire is coming across on Cobb Simulcast too, I've never been able to hear it well on VHF from my location. So a net gain.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Looks like Cherokee Fire is coming across on Cobb Simulcast too, I've never been able to hear it well on VHF from my location. So a net gain.

Agree. Listening to Cherokee County Fire near Decatur on the SDS. Didn't used to be able to do that.

Casey

all depends on how a radio is affiliated on a particular site if a talk group will have a presence at a given TSUB or not
I"ve also kept Bartow Fire in scan on the Cobb simulcast and it's about the only one that I've never heard ever come up...Douglas and Cherokee are pretty bankable that you'll hear them if you listen on Cobb (so far). Forsyth SO also comes in from time to time still.

rrucker

Can anyone confirm if Cherokee Fire is still heard on the Cobb System 37031 ???
last thing i got was late tue evening...been quiet since.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Can anyone confirm if Cherokee Fire is still heard on the Cobb System 37031 ???
last thing i got was late tue evening...been quiet since.

Just turned my SDS on to check when I saw your note, and within 60 seconds heard units and dispatcher side fine on 37031 on the Cobb site.

rrucker

It's been working all day...and It just came up again after I read your message (5:45pm)
Thanks, during all the swapping and testing i didnt hook the antenna back up....
what is the minimum requirements needed to be able to monitor this system, I have a friend that is trying to stay as cheap as possible, but I am still new and trying to learn myself!
Thanks for the help

DanRollman

Database Admin
what is the minimum requirements needed to be able to monitor this system

Connecting your antenna? Just kidding...

They are using Phase 2, so unfortunately there is no particularly cheap route. An SDS scanner or a Unication pager is your best bet for decent sound.

Dan

Casey

Dan have you heard the fireground yet on Cobb simulcast or just the Cherokee zone? I should have put that one in but haven't...figured I wouldn't get fireground at all. BTW they are calling it TAC1 when switching from dispatch to a working fire scene.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Dan have you heard the fireground yet on Cobb simulcast or just the Cherokee zone? I should have put that one in but haven't...figured I wouldn't get fireground at all. BTW they are calling it TAC1 when switching from dispatch to a working fire scene.

Yes. I listened to a fire in Cherokee County on 37035 off the Cobb site on Monday night. I can't hear the Cherokee County site from home.

Casey

That's great, I'm going to add it just for fun. I am not able to bring in the new Cherokee zone from East Cobb/Roswell inside my home...the nearest site is the Neese Rd water tank about 11 miles away which the engineers probably favored propagation to the opposite direction.

Last edited:

DanRollman

Database Admin

DanRollman

Database Admin
I"ve also kept Bartow Fire in scan on the Cobb simulcast and it's about the only one that I've never heard ever come up.

I've never heard Bartow County Fire on the Cobb site either, although interestingly a couple of the encrypted Bartow County law enforcement TGs are active on the Cobb site virtually full time so it is not as if no Bartow County TGs have access.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
Cherokee County Fire and EMS is coming through fantastic in Hickory Flat. Lot more activity then when it was analog. Maybe because I could never hear the units. I just use my trusty 800 mhz antenna now. Was using a vertical antenna for VHF on my roof. Don't need that anymore....

pete94

Great reception here in Ball Ground. Where I live the VHF system was barely useable. I was a volunteer and listening to Dispatch was almost impossible though the pager always worked. I'm using both a Uniden SDS200 and a Unication G5 and reception is great. In fact, using the G5 I've never heard P25 P2 sound so good. Lets hope they keep fire un encrypted. Also, I liked that I could copy fireground activities as a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.