Cherokee County now live on the Cobb RRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
It was a good hobby and I enjoyed having a view behind the scenes and good situational awareness.
Now what ham stuff shall I buy when I sell my scanners?
You can't go wrong with an IC-9700. I loved mine so much I bought a second one.

I don't want to discuss the reasons why encryption is becoming common in this region, but deductive reasoning will give you the answer. Meanwhile, lots of good folks on the ham bands, the Cherokee hams are about the most serious and well trained amateurs when it comes to serving the EOC/EMA. Part 97 is "clear only" so at least folks can tune in there.

pete94

Nice meeting you Erick

Yeah, can't complain too much about encryption. There are a lot of bad folks out there who will exploit what they monitor for fun, profit or mayhem.

I agree on the IC-9700, I got one recently and I'm impressed. Not perfect but about the best out there for a triband Ham rig.

I'm sure you are going to be REALLY busy with the World Series coming to the Crime Zone.
Good luck programming all the visiting Federal and State radios.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Nah, I live there, and nowhere near the SCZ. I work for another county, good to keep home life and work life separate, though we all play well and ISSI with each other, as well as agree on common practices including encryption. Appreciate your level headed perspective and response. It sucks as things are headed that direction, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.