Cherokee County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete94

I see Cherokee County is now apparently on the air with their new P25 system. I am told that they are part of the Cobb County system and was wondering if anyone has heard them on the air and if they are encrypted.....yet?

Thanks

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
No not yet and it is not active at this time a source that’s a volunteer firefighter said it won’t be active and testing until August or September.

Dustin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cejay

Does anyone know control frequencies etc for the Cherokee County p25? My bc396 wont pick up phase 2 i think, will Cherokee be on phase 2 p25? I live up here, and want to listen in,, i guess its the standard p25 that most scanners can pickup, as i cant hear nxdn at all with my equip (bc396)

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
When will it be downloadable in Sentinel?

DanRollman

Database Admin
When will it be downloadable in Sentinel?

Still waiting to even find frequencies for this new Cherokee Simulcast site on the Cobb system. Not seeing much in FCC licenses that could be it. Maybe just not there yet.

In looking, though, stumbled upon a new license for Cherokee Area Transportation System:

It's licensed as though it is a 6-site P25 simulcast trunked system, but only shows 2 frequencies per site which is sort of odd. Anyone up that way tried listening to it? Wonder if these frequencies will at some point become part of the Cherokee simulcast site on the Cobb system, if CATS plans to move to that anyway (just as CCT is on the Cobb system).

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.