Cherokee Nation Healthcare / NE Oklahoma

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I was on a multi-state cross country road trip today, returning home to Texas after the holiday, when I came across a system I could find no record of. Since it's a little out of my region (I'm near Dallas), I thought I would reach out here and give you the foundations, and let the locals fill in the rest and submit it to RRDB.

VHF Tier III (Motorola) Capacity Max
System ID: S1

Frequency Detected: 151.985 Color Code: 0
Site Number: 5
Neighbors: 3 (Channel ID 11), 4 (Channel ID 15), 6 (Channel ID 23)
Near: Nowata, Oklahoma

Upon returning to my home base, I was able to look up and find a trunked license for "Cherokee Nation, W W Hastings Hospital":

WRKD737 - which lists 2 frequencies at each of 5 locations.

There's also a second trunked license:

WRKD729 - which lists another 6 locations with 2 frequencies each.

In the short time I was monitoring the system (being a mobile receiver means I fall out of range pretty quick sometimes), there was no activity, so there's more to be had even in Nowata. Thanks everyone for the assistance and let me know if I can support this adventure (albeit remotely).

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I’ve actually had this programmed into my scanner for quite a while, as I have medical equipment in these sites. However the last few times I’ve been by there has never been any signal on the frequencies. Glad to see they are FINALLY online. Is the range very far?

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Is the range very far?
Couldn't tell you.

My logs indicate I was monitoring the Nowata site for only about 5 minutes. But it also helps to understand my "drive by" setup and how I operate. I have a Uniden SDS100 that I set to search (in this case, VHF, 450/460MHz UHF, 700MHz, 800MHz and 900MHz bands, when the scanner stops on a digital signal I take the frequency and plug it into DSDPlus running with 2 SDR Radios on a laptop. I then capture what DSDPlus decodes, and then move on to the next signal. So in that 10 minutes of time, I was on Action Communications TRS, Cherokee Nation, Broken Arrow Regional and finally OKWIN.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Thanks for the start - I have an overnight trip to Bartlesville in Feb so I'll get the rest by then if others do not fill in. This also gives some reason for the weak DMR signal I have heard at home on 151.535 - probably the Jay site. Never strong enuf to decode but hearable.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I took a little 200 mile road trip yesterday with the SDS200 and DSD+ fired up. I believe they must just be in the beginning of getting the sites online.

I went through Muskogee over to Tahlequah and up to Disney over to Vinita then back down 44 to Broken Arrow. The only site I believe that is running in east side right now is Stilwell. (I probably didn't get close enough to Sallisaw to receive it) I was able to pick Stilwell up from Tahlequah and as I drove about 10 miles east of Tahlequah the signal got quite a bit stronger. I would think with both Stilwell and the probable Nowata site reporting several neighbors they would be online... but maybe they just pre-programmed the NL to account when they go online?

I did sit either in or very close to the Muskogee, Tahlequah, Vinita, and Jay sites scanning the licensed frequencies and an open VHF scan to see if anything popped up that wasn't on the licenses.

Highly likely Stilwell site:

Site 4 CC0
NL:
1 - Channel 5
2 - Channel 7
3 - Channel 11
5 - Channel 23
6 - Channel 19

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I took a little 200 mile road trip yesterday with the SDS200 and DSD+ fired up. I believe they must just be in the beginning of getting the sites online.

I went through Muskogee over to Tahlequah and up to Disney over to Vinita then back down 44 to Broken Arrow. The only site I believe that is running in east side right now is Stilwell. (I probably didn't get close enough to Sallisaw to receive it) I was able to pick Stilwell up from Tahlequah and as I drove about 10 miles east of Tahlequah the signal got quite a bit stronger. I would think with both Stilwell and the probable Nowata site reporting several neighbors they would be online... but maybe they just pre-programmed the NL to account when they go online?

I did sit either in or very close to the Muskogee, Tahlequah, Vinita, and Jay sites scanning the licensed frequencies and an open VHF scan to see if anything popped up that wasn't on the licenses.

Highly likely Stilwell site:

Site 4 CC0
NL:
1 - Channel 5
2 - Channel 7
3 - Channel 11
5 - Channel 23
6 - Channel 19
What frequency did you pick up the control channel on?

Knowing "Channel 23" is 151.985 at Nowata (based on the neighbor lists), and Stilwell's control channel is on "Channel 15", if they are using standard DMR Tier 3 bandplans, I might be able to decipher the frequencies of the other sites.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I meant to put that in the original post as well.

152.3900 was the CC. I'm almost certain based on the channel numbers that they are just using a channel list and not using any bandplan.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I meant to put that in the original post as well.

152.3900 was the CC. I'm almost certain based on the channel numbers that they are just using a channel list and not using any bandplan.
I can tell you they aren't following a bandplan just from that, since "Channel 15" is 152.390 and "Channel 23" is 151.985 - all the bandplans I know go from low to high.

This would be typical Motorola, since their Capacity Plus and Connect Plus don't follow bandplans, why would they stick to it with a Capacity Max (although a Capacity Max system I've been mapping on several trips to Kansas does follow a bandplan, likely due to the scale of the system - which will be over 90 sites once its fully built out and mapped).

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I was able to pick up two sites this morning at my house.

Site 7 CC 0
151.73 Salina is the only site licensed for this, so may just came online.
NL:
6 - CC 23
8 - CC 31
9 - CC35

Site 6 CC 0
152.315 Cookson or Ochelata - Going to really guess this is Ochelata based on my location.. I have to go there for work Tuesday so I'll confirm.
NL:
4 - CC 15
5 - CC 19
7 - CC27