Cherry Hill Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

I spend a lot of time monitoring the Cherry Hill system. While they have added TGs for various township functions, as well as Fire, I hadn't heard anything on the new channels.

Today, I've heard numerous Fire communications (some/many for training purposes, but no dispatch). Interestingly, these are taking place on the Citywide 1 talk group.

I believe that I had read that CH did NOT want to join the county system, and am wondering if these transmissions might be indicative that CH will be dispatching its fire/ems units in the future.

ampulman

Looks like Cherry Hill will still be on the County VHF system (for now). Police reported auto accident; fire/ems dispatched via County.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I think the edacs systems are nearing their end of support by the manufactorers. I suspect at that time Cherry Hill PD, Camden and the DRPA will be looking for a D block (700MHz) system to get on to. My bet is DPRA ends up on the NJ PSIC or the Philly PD system, Camden city and Cherry Hill end up on the new Camden county system. This of course is pure speculation, I have no inside contacts.

njguy856

Premium Subscriber
I have also listened to Cherry Hill for a while now and have also heard the fire and ems units heavily using the system in recent weeks. Rumor is fire and ems may be moving dispatching operations to the local level..Over the years I have heard fire and ems units dispatched by police during major storms and the county system is bypassed so the PD system is definitely capable of handling them full time. But of course this is a wait and see

Last edited:

ampulman

I have also listened to Cherry Hill for a while now and have also heard the fire and ems units heavily using the system in recent weeks. Rumor is fire and ems may be moving dispatching operations to the local level..Over the years I have heard fire and ems units dispatched by police during major storms and the county system is bypassed so the PD system is definitely capable of handling them full time. But of course this is a wait and see

We can only hope.

ampulman

I've noticed many calls like unit xyz on radio, or unit zyx at location for training. On these occasions, I have NEVER heard a response by (presumably) 'dispatch'. Could these transmissions be directed to and responded by County on VHF (I'm not currently monitoring)?

Where are the responses? What organizational unit is being addressed?

I've also heard some rare unit-to-unit calls.

njguy856

Premium Subscriber
I have not yet heard a response either but they could be just getting used to the system before the switchover may occur, I have heard off radio, clearing the hospital, etc. on the township system, I also monitor county vhf it seems these transmissions are repeated on both systems separately, so it really sounds like a test run.

Status
Not open for further replies.