Chesapeake P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4jgc

I would have been surprised if it did carry as far. I'm in DE; I'll see how it sounds when I'm in town again for a while.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Right at the Royal Farms in Churchland, I had a decent signal, but after that it's trash

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
odd Radio ID range, 560xxxx, I was expecting 550xxxx or 551xxxx assuming they'd coincide with the regional ID plan.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if I missed this, but which vendor did Chesapeake go with? Harris or motorola? Just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kc4jgc

Was the transition so bad they switched back to the Astro system? Hearing nothing on the Harris system. All traffic has been on Astro. For the longest time this morning the decode rate had been zero. Now it's about 34%.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

vpasq

How Could This Be?

I tried to get the latest Chesapeake P25 info, and when I download the (supposed) updated RR database in Sentinel, the Chesapeake P25 listing shown in the RR frequency database is less than what is shown. However, when I download the same information in ARC 536, I get the more updated version. Weird! I thought they both draw from the same RR database?

Boy this rollout is really rough. These radio conversations sound like - well you know!!! (grin), But at least we can hear them.

Would love to know the answer to the above.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I tried to get the latest Chesapeake P25 info, and when I download the (supposed) updated RR database in Sentinel, the Chesapeake P25 listing shown in the RR frequency database is less than what is shown. However, when I download the same information in ARC 536, I get the more updated version. Weird! I thought they both draw from the same RR database?

Boy this rollout is really rough. These radio conversations sound like - well you know!!! (grin), But at least we can hear them.

Would love to know the answer to the above.

i can tell you this about the RR database, when i program my pro 197 (or 396xt) using RR (and freescan as the spftware), it can be different than when i using RR in sentinel for my 436. TG names are sometimes different. have always wondered about this, but knew it was happening.

mikext

I'm trying to receive the Chesapeake P-25 system using a Uniden BCD 996P2 in the Churchland area of Portsmouth. Anyone else having this issue?

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
On my 436 it's very sporadic in Churchland, just south of Craney Island.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
We are in the same area!

i can copy the ches p25 on my external and pro 197 here in hampton, but not well. in and out. you guys need keep your heads down over there in portsmouth. i hear it on the scanner everynight, "shots fired!"

Status
Not open for further replies.