Chesapeake Reband

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogress

Strange, but seems like I lost PD East again with this update (PRO 106 update via RR database). May have been other issues, but I'm only checking PD East and West. I'll research further tomorrow and report back. My Pro 197, updated last weekend from the RR database seems fine, so I'll download both to the WIN500 software and see what the difference is.

Odd that only certain talkgroup(s) would be a problem.

With the Pro 106/197 and WIN500 software, it was my understanding that I don't have to do anything else other then download from the RR database.

Just added some new channels that popped up on trunker looks like system is done
that annoying system hang is NOW gone
Mike

rogress

Disregard - operator error. I didn't have PD East enabled in my scan list.

Strange, but seems like I lost PD East again with this update (PRO 106 update via RR database). May have been other issues, but I'm only checking PD East and West. I'll research further tomorrow and report back. My Pro 197, updated last weekend from the RR database seems fine, so I'll download both to the WIN500 software and see what the difference is.

Odd that only certain talkgroup(s) would be a problem.

With the Pro 106/197 and WIN500 software, it was my understanding that I don't have to do anything else other then download from the RR database.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Still trying to get Winn 500 to work. Not receiving anything.
Trunking table is set to Custom, but looking at the actual trunking table, Win500 has imported more info into the table than fyrfytr869 recommends.

Anyone using WIn500 that can answer the question and/or tell me how to modify the trunking table.

Ktombus

I have a BC 785D. I put all the new Chesapeake rebanded freq. in. It is working very good. I did not change anything else.

Ktombus

rogress

I uploaded directly from the Radio Reference database and did not have to modify anything (other enable a scan list). I attached a couple of screen shots of my main screen and the custom table screen.

Still trying to get Winn 500 to work. Not receiving anything.
Trunking table is set to Custom, but looking at the actual trunking table, Win500 has imported more info into the table than fyrfytr869 recommends.

Anyone using WIn500 that can answer the question and/or tell me how to modify the trunking table.

Attachments

• mainscreen.jpg
    mainscreen.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 128
  • customtable.jpg
    customtable.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 124

bep

Premium Subscriber
Well rogress, I thank you. It is exactly what I have, so there must be another issue here. At least this gives me a starting point. I was able to receive Chesapeake, prior to rebanding. Nothing here changed (radio,antenna,etc) but now no reception.
Will continue the hunt.

Thanks again

bep

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Webodisk,
Still no luck. Like I said, I could hear them prior to rebanding, but not now. Nothing changed at all otherwise. Unless there was a coincidence of several things going wrong at the same time. I did find my program was a little out of date, and thought that may have been part of the problem. Going to load my mobile the same way and head toward Chesapeake to see when I get a signal.

Also I will study your program, has some interesting ideas I did not think of.

Thanks again

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
also what version is the firmware on the radio ?

To check the firmware, Hold in the number 3 and then turn on ur scanner as youre holding it in

Should be

rogress

I have the same firmware, so that is probably not the issue. (I just haven't gotten around to updating because there is nothing critical in that update). You can get the update here, or you can go to Radio Shack's support page for the scanner and download it there. Its pretty easy to update. But again, I haven't updated and mine works fine.

Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades - The RadioReference Wiki

Ok,

I have:
No idea on the discrepancy of the 1.3 or how to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.