Chesapeake Reband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Chesapeake Rebanded last night new info in the database, will add more frequencies as trunker displays them

Mike

rogress

I don't think I'm hearing PD West, but PD East seems to be fine. Anybody else having problems getting PD West after the rebanding?

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
getting alot of problems, and some strange frequencies in the 862 thru 864 range going to have to play with the base and offset, scanner stops on channel but no voice is heard

vpasq

Gosh, rebranding took me down. I habpve a BC 296D, withe the APCO P25 card that used to get everything in Chesapeake. I installed the latest firmware but can't for the life of me figure how to get it back up and running again. Even plugged in all the latest freq's etc. but it just scans and never finds the control channel. Anyone k ow where or when we might get a data download for ARC250 that might help us lame ducks! (hahaha). Hey, it would bea marketable and welcomed product if someone could do it. I can't, just would make a good consumer. I have searched high and low and can't find a simple guide for this simple mind!!! Any thoughts or suggestions? ( no I won't get rid of the scanner) hahahaha

vpasq

Still No Luck

I have just downloaded from the RR database and using ARC250 tried installing the latest, but still no luck. I am continuing to wrestle with it. I am determined :) but thanks for the feedback!!!!

KJ4BGI

After reprogramming my PSR-500 and PRO-96 scanners, Chesapeake would not track correctly until I applied the custom trunking tables for a 800 Mhz rebanded system. This system may not be able to be followed correctly on the older scanners that do not support custom trunking tables.

rogress

Thanks for the good info. I've got a Pro 96 that I haven't re-programmed yet.

After reprogramming my PSR-500 and PRO-96 scanners, Chesapeake would not track correctly until I applied the custom trunking tables for a 800 Mhz rebanded system. This system may not be able to be followed correctly on the older scanners that do not support custom trunking tables.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

Yes that looks to be true. Some of the frequencies have a 0 in the fourth decimal position which would put it on a channel number scanners would not recognize.

We have a great deal of information on rebanding and scanners in section 7 of:

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

Specifically for the PRO-96 (and it's brother the 2096) you will need to apply custom tables via ARC96 or Win96. You cannot do this through keypad entry.

The wiki has all the relevant links...best regards..Mike

bep

Premium Subscriber
I have just updated my RS Pro 197
Deleted Chesapeake and re-entered it via Win500 and RR
Still nothing
Win500 has the following:
Type - MOT 800/900
Trunking Tables - Custom
CC - 4 as listed in RR

Am I missing anything?

SCPD

QRT
Just for fun I put the four C/C in my 15X.... Fire & other analog channels pop right up and sound good. The digital ID's also pop up, but the 15x is only analog..... FUNNIEST thing is that when a id comes up under the id pops up one of the other freq's from the DB that I did not program into the radio. I have never seen that with a system.

Mark

rogress

I have just updated my RS Pro 197
Deleted Chesapeake and re-entered it via Win500 and RR
Still nothing
Win500 has the following:
Type - MOT 800/900
Trunking Tables - Custom
CC - 4 as listed in RR

Am I missing anything?

It doesn't sound like it. I programmed my pro-197 from RR also, and mine matches yours (at least what you provied above). I did have to do mine twice.

rogress

For what its worth, I just noticed that the RR database was updated again on Friday (the 27th). When I updated earlier this week , one of the control channels was still 868.46625, and everything seems to be working this way.

Today, all 4 control channels are in the 853 mhz rebanded range. I'll be updating again. Not sure what else changed in the database on Friday.

Maybe Mike will chime in on the changes made.

Last edited:

fyrfytr869

Rebanded Chesapeake

for 396 & 996 owners, be sure to change site type to Mot Custom/Reband and System Band Plan
Band Plan Base Freq (lower) Base Freq (upper) Offset Polarity Spacing
1 851.025 854.000 440 + 25 khz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 khz

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Just added some new channels that popped up on trunker looks like system is done
that annoying system hang is NOW gone
Mike

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
go to trunking taable select 800 rebanded hit ok make sure the other trunking tables saay custom and it work perfect

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.