Chesapeake Virginia, No Recieve. Prog-Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Greetings.
I'm having a really difficult time programing my scanner to work with Chesapeake. My problem seems to be exclusive to Chesapeake. I'm using the Uniden BC996XT. I've downloaded the files and uploaded them to the scanner using ARC (Butel software). But I'm having no luck. I can only receive a static bust sound that repeats every 3 seconds or so. I've had this same problem before the re-banding. I have never been able to receive Chesapeake police with this scanner.

So here is what I have done to attempt to resolve my problem. I started over and completely reset the scanner. Then uploaded the files again. Having no luck, I reset the scanner, *completely removed* ARC using all default settings, re-downloaded the files and uploaded them to the scanner again. No luck. I even attempted sending the programing files to the scanner on another computer, fresh install of windows, fresh install of ARC, and factory reset of the scanner again. I have tried selecting Analog+digital and checking different settings on the site section of arc. But no luck.

So, I've determined it must be some kind of programing error that is not decoding voice, I hear the data sound where I should hear a voice. So its time to ask some experts.

if you have any idea of what could be wrong please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Last edited:

Delta

That's true, however the new UPDATED files don't work either? What am I doing wrong?

Delta

Yes, like I mentioned before. I completely reset and started over several different ways. But I still have the same result. While using ARC, is there a special setting I need to enable? or Disable? I believe the frequencies are correct. But something with analog/digital is not working correctly, it's not decoding correctly.

Thank you very much for your help though. I must solve this issue somehow. I've exhausted my options.

mikext

Custom Table

Select edit multi tables when the page appears. Then select load rebanded table and then ok. Also double check the talk group id's you entered to ensure that they are correct and not locked out. Good Luck!!

tojohnso

FYI - I just updated my 106 with the new Chesapeake frequencies. I deleted the Chesapeake group which deleted all frequencies and talk groups, then did a fresh import. No problems. All I'd recommend is uncheck the MDT "talk groups" before the import.

Status
Not open for further replies.