Chester Co be heard on a Home Patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred1

I got a Home Patrol as a gift can it receive Chester Co Pd and FD trunk channels. I only get the analogue rebroadcast from the trunk FD talk groups. My 436 works great.

I got a Home Patrol as a gift can it receive Chester Co Pd and FD trunk channels.
As long as those systems aren't encrypted, and are in range, yes

Digital Capable
Receives all unencrypted, non- proprietary radio systems including APCO-25 Phase I and Phase II digital, Motorola, EDACS, LTR, conventional analog and P25 digital channels.

a417

U+0000
Doc, I think he's saying he can get them on his 436 but the HP2 isn't picking them up...so as long as they're programmed correctly it could just be that the sensitivity of the two units is giving him the trouble, although #delco can do funny things.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I got a Home Patrol as a gift can it receive Chester Co Pd and FD trunk channels. I only get the analogue rebroadcast from the trunk FD talk groups. My 436 works great.
What antenna are you using? While the HP-2 is not deaf (I have one as well), it's original antenna leaves much to be desired.
Not loaded, sorry frustrated by this sending it back and getting SDS 200
Is this the system you are listening to?

Three of the four sites listed are simulcast; the fourth is a fill in, located in Delaware.

The 436HP is better at simulcast than the HP-2, but the SDS200 has both of those beat.

Fred1

I am using an indoor antenna Radio Shack sold, like the one Bearcat Warehouse sells the Remtronics one. I forgot that the sites are simulcast ones. That could be it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.