Chester Co. EMS-How many vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Usually supervisors respond to MCI's and they become the central command post to relay things between county communications, the BLS or ALS on scene, and incoming BLS and ALS. The supervisor notifies county of conditions at the scene, if additional BLS or ALS are needed, or if they can recall.

Septa3371CSX1

That's basically what Medic 100 in Delco is - a supervisor. Medic 100 is the supervisor for all the Crozer units (66-7, 72-7, 81-7, 82-7, 83-7, 100-7, 100C, 100D) and responds to any call he feels it is neccessary to do so. Medic 100 responds on all shootings in the City of Chester and also provides assistance to units that need it. At major incidents, M100 is usually EMS command. Medic 103 at Delco Memorial Hospital also acts as a supervisor (it is staffed by the lieteniunts and captains) and responds to any major call in 103's due. Medic 103 can also act as an ALS Chase Car and responds to calls dispatched to BLS units in Upper Darby.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
lafaayete ambulance(317) covers my area, and i noticed on their webpage, it shows two ambulances, one being ALS and one being BLS...and another vehicle between them, a chevy suburban, now, i know from residing here that we do not have a QRS unit, so who the heck is responsing in that other vehicle? that actual paramedic?...if th actual medic is responing i the suburban, then that means the ones in the ambulances are simply emt's right?....this twp, does not have a QRS unit. check out their site.

As was already mentioned, the supervisor car is so the supervising officer can respond secondarily to a major incident (large fire, major accidents, MCI's, etc). Plymouth Ambulance also has a supervisor vehicle, as do other ambulance services in the county.

In Montco, we don't typically have ALS chase cars (as they do in Chester and Delaware Counties). The ambulances are either "Basic" units or "Medic" units depending on the crew.

As far as QRS units in Montco...if a local fire company has the trained personnel, the money to buy the equipment, and a decent relationship with the local EMS service, they can get a QRS going. I don't really think that we need all the QRS units we have in this county, but that's just my personal opinion. None of our QRS units that I can think of off the top of my head respond to rural areas. In fact, there are lots of times when the ambulances beat the QRS units to a scene. Why the QRS even needs to continue in at that point, I don't know.

Here's what I can think of: QRS 10, QRS 33, QRS 56, QRS 62, QRS 80. Again,my personal take, but most of these units are in areas where there are large ems organizations whose members are also involved in the local fire companies. In Lincoln's case, they ran an actual ambulance for many years. When they disbanded that, some people there still wanted to be involved in EMS response.

Q-ball

Just out of curiosity, did you ever notice that some ambulances actually say "BLS" on hem and some do not. Isnt the rule as long as it doesnt say "ALS" on it, then it can be assumed as a BLS ambulance right even if it is not written on it. ALso, can every ambulance be called for example "medic XXX"...i know in m ontgomery cty, the dispatch starts of with the 3 numbers and then goes from there as to location and whatnot, but can all ambulances be referred to as medics or only the ones that actually have medics on board, like the ALS units...???

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just out of curiosity, did you ever notice that some ambulances actually say "BLS" on hem and some do not. Isnt the rule as long as it doesnt say "ALS" on it, then it can be assumed as a BLS ambulance right even if it is not written on it. ALso, can every ambulance be called for example "medic XXX"...i know in m ontgomery cty, the dispatch starts of with the 3 numbers and then goes from there as to location and whatnot, but can all ambulances be referred to as medics or only the ones that actually have medics on board, like the ALS units...???

There is a company called BLS Ambulance Transport based out of the old 321 station on Orchard Lane just off the intersection of Main & Egypt in Jeffersonville (W. Norriton, Montco). They're a transport service and all of their ambulances have a big BLS on the side. Are these the ones you're talking about? Their ops freq is in the database.

Q-ball

No, thats not what i talking about, im asking this...If an ambulance for example like 317(lafayette, um twp)...doesnt say"ALS" or "BLS" on it, then what is it? either? or is it just staffed with EMT's and used for transport? does it have any life saving equipment in it. I know some ambulances actually say ALS or BLS on them which signals to the punlic the care they are capable of providing....be it BLS or ALS...

It just seems most ambulances don't say it on them, very few seem to.

Status
Not open for further replies.