Chester Co Palnet TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
The following was recently updated in the RR database:

57968 e27 D Chester PD Dispatch

The only comms I've heard ... and I admit I don't normally listen to the Chester site ... on the talkgroup has been exchanges between Great Falls PD officers and the Chester County Sheriffs dispatchers.

I'm not sure if the sheriffs and the city PD have a unified dispatch facility, so I'm curious if the above I-D for the talkgroup is an error, or if I am misunderstanding the use of the talkgroup.

Any clarification is appreciated. Thanks !

rmquinn3419

Premium Subscriber
I was the one who submitted it, I never heard anything about Great Falls PD on that talkgroup however it could be what that talkgroup is I just assumed that it was Chester PD but if you have identified it then it should be changed in the databse correctly, My apologies for submitting wrong info.Also this talkgroup is simulcasted off the Lancaster site.

rmquinn3419

DCHarris

I spoke with someone who works with the Great Falls Police Auxilliary and he told me that this TG (57968) is assigned to the Great Falls PD. He said that they have gone entirely over to 800MHz, though I don't hear them much.

Last edited:

DCHarris

I spoke with someone who works with the Great Falls Police Auxilliary and he said that this TG (57968) is assigned to the Great Falls PD and that they had gone entirely over to 800MHz. I don't usually hear them much, usually just the female officer who transports prisoners from the jail in Great Falls to the Chester County Detention Center in Chester.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Thanks, DC, for the additional information. I wonder what the old VHF channel pair will be used for ?

>> My apologies for submitting wrong info.

No need to apologize, RM. If a channel or talkgroup gets limited use, it can be hard to figure what the purpose of the channel or talkgroup is. Which is why I asked on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.