Chester County 800 Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger44

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
0
Location
IN PA
Hear is a PDF News Letter from Chester County Emergency Services .

Steve.
 
Last edited:

ctrabs74

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
799
Location
California, PA
Unreal... Two years to determine that the radios were unacceptable? Just wondering how it took that long for DES make that determination...
 

srhuston

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
12
Location
Morrisville, PA
Probably because if they only took a few months to say, "These won't work", someone else could turn around and say that nobody tested them thoroughly and the assessment is incorrect. If they have the time to do it, a lengthy test which proves the equipment is not safe and reliable for public safety work will stand up better when they turn to Sprint/Nextel and tell them the idea won't work.
 

bauker

Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
58
Location
PA USA
Opportunity?

This might be an ideal time for ChesCo to dump their system and replace it with something compatible with surrounding counties or the state.
 

ctrabs74

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
799
Location
California, PA
bauker said:
This might be an ideal time for ChesCo to dump their system and replace it with something compatible with surrounding counties or the state.
That would probably mean the most likely candidate for a new system (should it get to that point) would be Motorola, considering that you have Bucks, MontCo, Philadelphia, and the State of Delaware with Moto TRS and Delaware County (inlcuding the separate PSAPs in Haverford Twp and Media) with it's Moto conventional system and West Chester PD with it's Moto P-25 conventional system. (I can't speak to Berks County, but it might not matter as outside of the City of Reading, they're still VHF low and high band.)

Please, don't suggest that ChesCo look into OpenSky. That would be a monumental disaster for scanning in this area (not that it's that great to begin with). It doesn't matter that Lancaster County is about to make it's "deal with the devil" in a matter of months (even though they were supposed to go online at least a year or two ago).

Speaking of which, ChesCo's Comm 1 mobile command unit does have an OpenSky mobile to communicate with the state and (once they go online) Lancaster County and West Chester University (State System of Higher Education). I would imagine that the 9-1-1 Center also has an OpenSky mobile as well, so it wouldn't be neccesary for the county to get an OpenSky system.
 

Avenger44

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
0
Location
IN PA
ctrabs74 said:
That would probably mean the most likely candidate for a new system (should it get to that point) would be Motorola, considering that you have Bucks, MontCo, Philadelphia, and the State of Delaware with Moto TRS and Delaware County (inlcuding the separate PSAPs in Haverford Twp and Media) with it's Moto conventional system and West Chester PD with it's Moto P-25 conventional system. (I can't speak to Berks County, but it might not matter as outside of the City of Reading, they're still VHF low and high band.)

Please, don't suggest that ChesCo look into OpenSky. That would be a monumental disaster for scanning in this area (not that it's that great to begin with). It doesn't matter that Lancaster County is about to make it's "deal with the devil" in a matter of months (even though they were supposed to go online at least a year or two ago).

Speaking of which, ChesCo's Comm 1 mobile command unit does have an OpenSky mobile to communicate with the state and (once they go online) Lancaster County and West Chester University (State System of Higher Education). I would imagine that the 9-1-1 Center also has an OpenSky mobile as well, so it wouldn't be neccesary for the county to get an OpenSky system.

The County Really has not Made up there Mind . and Plans on Useing the EFJ System for Another Year and Half to 2 Years for More Testing , Before they Make a Choice on System Change . And for OpenSky Radios , The Comm -1 Van is not Outfitted with OpenSky Radio . The County has one , But It is Not Used . The Police Eather use there Nextel's or Have the County Dispatcher Relay the Info to State Police Via Phone .

Steve.
 

ctrabs74

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
799
Location
California, PA
Avenger44 said:
And for OpenSky Radios , The Comm -1 Van is not Outfitted with OpenSky Radio . The County has one , But It is Not Used . The Police Eather use there Nextel's or Have the County Dispatcher Relay the Info to State Police Via Phone .
I saw Comm-1 at West Chester's Fire Prevention Day event at the WCFD training center this past weekend. There was an OpenSky mobile in Comm-1.
 

Avenger44

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
0
Location
IN PA
ctrabs74 said:
I saw Comm-1 at West Chester's Fire Prevention Day event at the WCFD training center this past weekend. There was an OpenSky mobile in Comm-1.

They Don't Anymore . Now when you go into the Back of the Van where the Dispatchers sit , at that door way on the Left side there are 2 wood Doors and there are More County Radios all Portables , and in there there are some Portables for County Fire and Police and in there there are 3 Portables that are for State , But that is it .

Steve.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top