Chester County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

saber2k5

Well folks....sorry I can't give you the name of the person. It was explained to me that it would be funded through a federal governmental grant. Again, I don't have a time table for this. Knowing the pace at which Delco moves, I can fully understand your skepticism, and I share this feeling too. I can tell you that this person is high ranking in the decision making process. Only time will tell.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have anymore information on this system like how far they are with radio installs and antennas ect. are we still looking at april 2016 for switch over ect.

calripson

Premium Subscriber
Newbie question - when trying to scan Chester County on a HP-1 (downloaded from the database) the scanner keeps hitting the MC Data channel which skips around to different frequencies. Is there any way to block it out so the scanner doesn't stop on the MC Data frequencies ?

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can block it u can press hold on the system then hold on the channel and then avoid in the HP_1 or you can lock it out or not program it in.The system can't be followed on any scanner as far as trunking goes but the audio is analog right know so u can still hear calls on it .By this time next year we will have a phase 2 system hear in chester co.

jerry092975

Looks like there is a control channel on the air in the West Chester area for the new TRS:

SysID: 00A
WACN: 92466
Site RFSSID: 010
Site ID: 010
Site NAC: 010

This frequency is part of the current pool for the Multinet system and was in the proposed pool for the new East/Central group of sites on the P25 system.
Does this frequency Join the current 800Mhz Frequencies Or is this for the new System ? was this freq tested on the 700Mhz and the 800Mhz ?

saber2k5

Tg9914 was active doing speech loops about 2 weeks ago. Transmissions were originating from the east site. All traffic was Phase II. Signal was good on a Pro 668 for about a 8 mile range, including hils, valleys, and brush.

saber2k5

Well folks....sorry I can't give you the name of the person. It was explained to me that it would be funded through a federal governmental grant. Again, I don't have a time table for this. Knowing the pace at which Delco moves, I can fully understand your skepticism, and I share this feeling too. I can tell you that this person is high ranking in the decision making process. Only time will tell.

6/2015 sorry for the off topic--but in reference to my earlier comment...
As a follow up to this...that same official told me that as of now--NO plan for Delco to change freqs, as there is no money available at this time.

phillydjdan

Not surprised by that, saber. They're gonna end being dragged off UHF T-Band kicking and screaming lol

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Where is the east site?

East/Central and West are the simulcasts.

In the attached image, you see two purple polygons. One covers West Chester, Downingtown, Elverson, and everywhere east. That is the EC cell. The other one is the W cell. There is some overlap of the polygons in the Downingtown/West Chester area.

This image is from the original Harris presentation available on the county website. It was the first image I could find quickly that shows the EC and W areas and the towers in those areas.

Attachments

• chesco-ec-w.JPG
    chesco-ec-w.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 834

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Tg9914 was active doing speech loops about 2 weeks ago. Transmissions were originating from the east site. All traffic was Phase II. Signal was good on a Pro 668 for about a 8 mile range, including hils, valleys, and brush.

When I picked up my traffic the other day, it was coming over Phase 1. Not sure which tower it was. PRO-106 was showing a strong signal, but the audio was very broken. I was stationary and did not monitor for long.
I'll have to program the system into the Phase 2 scanner to see what else I pick up.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Has there been any activity on the new system yet? Lots of articles in the local patches and social media about " not being alarmed by the people with antennas and radios" driving the areas testing the system.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Coverage testing is underway. Unfortunately, I am unable to pick up the signal well enough indoors here at home to be able to monitor. Testing runs 9/1 thru 9/5, 9/8 thru 9/12, 9/14 thru 9/19, 9/21 thru 9/26, 9/28 thru 9/30.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I've been scanning the system with a wild card and not getting anything. But I doubt any testing has been done over the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I've been scanning the system with a wild card and not getting anything. But I doubt any testing has been done over the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturdays, yes. Sundays, no. There was traffic yesterday. Unfortunately, I was not in an area where I could get a good decode and everything I did hear was garbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.