Chester County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon4

Not every radio was Enc, There were a few in the clear (Willistown Units I believe)
Made for good radio. Also I knew something was up when the fire police weren't chatty as usual. I kinda caught it mid call. What caught my attention is when a 52 unit was saying certain houses were evacuated and that comm 1 was staging. I think that's the fastest I ran upstairs in a while :) (listening via Bluetooth from my downstairs kitchen)

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
Digital Page Testing TG 5452 sounds to be active with testing dispatching real incidents alongside the VHF system. Two most recent dispatches that came through correspond to active incidents. No tones, only audio.

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
TG 5452 is now broadcasting tones and TTS dispatches for active incidents parallel to the VHF system. A few digital unication units have been distributed throughout the county, but for now are using VHF as the primary system. I believe 5452 is only temporarily the TG and I assume it will
change to be in alignment with the existing fire TGs. As of now, one TGID for countywide dispatch, not split per zone, (I.E, West Dispatch, East Dispatch, etc.)

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
TG 5452 is now broadcasting tones and TTS dispatches for active incidents parallel to the VHF system. A few digital unication units have been distributed throughout the county, but for now are using VHF as the primary system. I believe 5452 is only temporarily the TG and I assume it will
change to be in alignment with the existing fire TGs. As of now, one TGID for countywide dispatch, not split per zone, (I.E, West Dispatch, East Dispatch, etc.)

My understanding is that fire dispatch will ultimately continue on VHF with Locution voice instead of real human voices. 160.185 will continue to be the dispatch channel.

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is that fire dispatch will ultimately continue on VHF with Locution voice instead of real human voices. 160.185 will continue to be the dispatch channel.
It’s quite possible that VHF will stay up as both a backup and as a secondary for the existing Minitor pagers but a Unication rollout to support paging over P25 is happening with the first wave starting yesterday.

Falcon4

It’s quite possible that VHF will stay up as both a backup and as a secondary for the existing Minitor pagers but a Unication rollout to support paging over P25 is happening with the first wave starting yesterday.
I know there's people that hope the VHF stays up the coverage has been known to be heard as far as Maryland and is reliable. With the unication roll out I guess that makes that the primo unit to have to monitor this system on the go figure if actual responders have that it will definitely work for hobbyists.

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
I know there's people that hope the VHF stays up the coverage has been known to be heard as far as Maryland and is reliable. With the unication roll out I guess that makes that the primo unit to have to monitor this system on the go figure if actual responders have that it will definitely work for hobbyists.
The units being rolled out are the G5s with VHF as the secondary band selection. I can see where it would stay up as both a backup and for stations with plectrons and other 2 tone decoders that activate sirens, door locks, etc. Unless those stations recieve something like the prime alert panel to replace those systems.

u2brent

OAMPT
It appears that a new (at least to me) PD 17 (North Coventry Twp) is active on Central Police Dispatch TG 1250.
have caught a few RIDS. I see that they indeed have a Side CH TG 1617.
Curious, Anyone know anything about this development :unsure:
Perhaps they had one unit, but they seem to be expanding.. Or I just never had the luck of seeing them before, IDK.. Just had to ask.. :geek: Sorry to bother.. Added the 170xxxx Series to the wiki as it hadn't been reported active before..

Last edited:

2IR473

Premium Subscriber
Finally ! I heard North Coventry (Norco) was going to move to Chester Co. dispatch. When I worked in Montco’s West zone (then later called Southwest), Spring City PD (14 PD in Chester Co.) was dispatched by Montco as the 99 car. Norco was dispatched by Pottstown PD dispatcher (identified as the 17 car). Spring City had returned to Chester county DES years ago, and when Montco took over dispatching Pottstown and Norco, the Chester county 17 car got dispatched by Montco as the 99 car. :rolleyes:

I also noticed that North Coventry public works, as well as East Coventry public works have been using their county talk groups. I guess they have switched over from their ancient VHF systems each township had.

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like PSP Embreeville is having issues. Phone lines are dead and the West PD dispatcher called to any "PSP Embreeville monitoring the west" with no answer.

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
I live in Westtown and have a BCD536HP and I am able to get the digital West Chester police, etc. I have been trying to get the East Goshen/Westtown Police on either of their 2 digital channels and never have received anything. Any suggestions?

bberns22

I live in Westtown and have a BCD536HP and I am able to get the digital West Chester police, etc. I have been trying to get the East Goshen/Westtown Police on either of their 2 digital channels and never have received anything. Any suggestions?

Westtown TG's are 1653 & 1667 and are only used car to car with unit dispatch coming from Central Dispatch. Activity is generally light but there are transmissions throughout the day. I would recommend making those 2 talk groups priority channels and see if you hear activity.

As for the BCD536HP, Chester County's Harris System is a bear to monitor with significant simulcast and that radio is definitely not optimal. You are probably missing numerous transmissions and not even aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.