Chester & Montgomery County

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
The road trip I took yesterday confirmed that my SDS-200 works as advertised. I can pick up Chester County's P25 system in New Castle County fine, just not at my home QTH.
It is the terrain as I am on the reverse side sloping down away from ChesterCo.
I drove up to Bethel Twp in Delaware County and up to US 1, back down 202 to Naamans Road (DE92) and had a strong signal until I went into the dip at Foulk Road (DE261). I used the supplied whip antenna and the 120 volt wall wart into an inverter in my truck. With the supplied antenna, I receive a two-bar signal in my house but no audio.
Try setting the Squelch to 0. Also do you have both sites programmed in?

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
D6E71CAE-0DA4-4AFD-BE76-D52BBD0EBEC3.jpeg

It took about 5 minutes, but I was able to capture the current control channel for the West Simulcast from Smyrna. Is there anything I can do to expedite that or am I just fortunate that the propagation carries this far south?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
On a night like this it will come a little easier. I do know that along Rt 1 in Smyrna and beyond there are areas that pick up Chester County all times of the day. It just depends on what's around you (trees or buildings to the north, cell towers that interfere with signals). If you really want to pull in some stuff, try a yagi antenna pointed to the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.