Chester New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard Chester village on Nycomco in the last few days.

Are they still on the Nycomco edacs system.

How about the town of Chester same thing.

Where are they ?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Try the MRD frequency of 155.85 107.2. Both Chester Village and Town might operate on this.

cackis

Premium Subscriber
The village switched over to the edacs system a few months ago. I don't monitor their local talk groups but hear them regularly on the county police 800 and priority talk groups. Town of Chester tried out edacs for primary comms but weren't happy with the coverage and went back to vhf where you'll hear them on Vhf MRD and Priority. I do believe the town uses a vhf car to car channel that is Trbo but am not close enough to them to try and see if they use it.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'm told the Town of Chester did keep the 800 radios in the cars though.

Orange County is so backwards with their comms it just amazes me. Town of Chester on VHF, Village on 800 EDACS. Same for Town of Blooming Grove on 800 EDACS and Village of Washingtonville on VHF. What happens when the village calls the town for back up and they are both out of the car on portable....one on 800 and the other on VHF and they can see each other but can't talk.

So the village now pays a monthly subscriber fee per radio when they could stick with VHF and have direct comms with their primary back up agency. I can hit MRD Schunnemunk from anywhere in the village indoors with 1 watt and a wet noodle !!!

Off my soapbox now....

Last edited by a moderator:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Oh yeah, my vote goes to Rockland County ! Adam has his stuff together over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.