Chesterfield Co. "hanging" freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyllus100

Whenever my Pro-96 picks up traffic on 856.23750 in C'field, it doesn't seem to want to release the freq. I start picking up traffic from surrounding TGs and have to hit the scan button to release. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

ecampbell54

Same issue with my 106 and 197.

and

I was hoping it would fix itself this time. Happens about every 4 to 6 months. Almost never gets fixed unless someone hits the reset @ the radio shop. I'll reach out to my guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy at the radio shop and try to get it fixed.

Here is a little tip to make your scanner usable when this happens. Set up priority scan on a blank frequency (like one of the weather frequencies not used in the area).

If you can, set it to check every 6-8 seconds. Now if your scanner gets stuck the priority check forces the scanner to hang up, check for traffic on the priority channel, then back to the data channel and see if there is still traffic on your talk group.

The down side, when listening to traffic your going to hear breaks in the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.