Chesterfield Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyllus100

I don't know but I was just going to post the same thing. Went dark around 1600

waltersjt

The frequencies must've changed. I updated mine from the database and I'm back up and running.

virginiak9

Premium Subscriber
It appears that they switched to one of the alternate control channel frequencies - 856.51250.
Make sure you have both the primary ( red ) and alternate ( blue ) frequencies from the database programmed into your radio.
Chesterfield is back & working normally with the new control frequency entered.

hyllus100

Thanks virginiak9! I had old alternate channels in the scanner. Works great with the new ones.

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
Chesterfield in the clear until the encrypt the system by 2018 No control channel can help you when they encrypt the new radio system they are planning to purchase

ecampbell54

Good morning

Is it possible the tone out frequency (154.160) has changed? I have not picked up dispatch or tones on that frequency since 9/6 however I hear hear the traffic fine on the TRS.

SCPD

QRT
I guess everyone in Metro Richmond area only care to monitor Fire &EMS calls ?
Dude, you act like it's the end of the world,the system isn't even built yet! Don't go jumping to conclusions just because "they said they're considering it"

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Dude, you act like it's the end of the world,the system isn't even built yet! Don't go jumping to conclusions just because "they said they're considering it"

Yes... it seems he thinks the sky is falling.

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
Well I don't think the sky is falling!! I am simply trying to stand up for the hobbyist that enjoy listening. If we all work together maybe they will stop this encryption idea before they build or purchase a system. I just enjoy listening and try to help when I can do so safely. I would hate for those of us who love this hobby to lose it.

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
I hope when some of the 757 areas start thinking about encryption I hope there is someone in that area that is as passionate as I am and who willing to let their concerns be
heard.By the way I believe Hampton PD York Co SO James City PD Gloucester SO have already encrypted their systems and the trend seem to be moving east.

SCPD

QRT
I highly doubt anymore 757 departments will go encrypted, even if they did I wouldn't be posting every night

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
Obviously you are not as passionate about this! I hope you don't lose your hobby or maybe you are not a true hobbyist?? I am a true, devoted hobbyist trying to protect our hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCPD

QRT
Obviously you are not as passionate about this! I hope you don't lose your hobby or maybe you are not a true hobbyist?? I am a true, devoted hobbyist trying to protect our hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously your only concern IS Encryption. I didn't know their was such a thing as a half hobbyist, keep pestering the "officials" and see if they don't encrypt all your Police up yonder, the 757 and Richmond area are totally different

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
You know I think I might have to agree with you. Because I live in Hanover Co where there is no encryption in the works per Sheriff .I personally Thanked him and told him that I would do everything I could to help him when he runs for re-election. I dont know why I keep posting about the neighboring jurisdictions. I guess I should let there citizens/hobbyist worry about it. Hopefully you wont have this concern. Good luck in 757!!

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
By the way those of here in 804 area have the best place to live .We are in GODs country.Short drive to mountains and long drive due to traffic to 757area.Will make any further posts about E word in the thread I started a few weeks ago .I am one person vs 4 or more county govts. but I will never give up the fight!!!!!!!

Jay434

Dude for real, I also think you should give the anti-encryption stuff a rest.

I don't want it anymore than any other listener, but you are beating it to death. The hobby is changing from what it was. Encryption is possible for just about anything. The McDonald's drive thru could go encrypted just like metro Richmond, Tidewater, or the NCR. You may be drawing negative attention to the issue by posting about it over and over. Take the constructive feedback and give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.