Chesterfield County Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

After taking an exam to be a 911 dispatcher for Chesterfield County ECC, I had a chance to talk to a 19 year veteran of the Chesterfield County ECC about the systems they use. Apparently, they are currently using Motorola Premier CAD which is old and outdated and they will soon be putting out an RFP for a new CAD system.

Also, when I stopped by station 11 and 15 for Chesterfield County Fire & EMS and was discussing their radios with the firefighters, I was told that sometime in the near future, they will be transitioning over to an automated fire dispatcher similar to what the City of Richmond have and Henrico have. I was also told that training for new dispatchers happens at the Eanes Pittman training faciliity and Station 15 (Airport). Pretty cool! No training at the Central Shenandoah Justice Academy.

Also, I confirmed and have submitted an update to the database that Tac 13 for Henrico County Fire/EMS is NOT training. It is automated fire dispatch.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
I was also told that training for new dispatchers happens at the Eanes Pittman training faciliity and Station 15 (Airport). Pretty cool! No training at the Central Shenandoah Justice Academy.

A portion occurs at FS15, a majority of it is at the Eanes-Pittman building though.

Also, I confirmed and have submitted an update to the database that Tac 13 for Henrico County Fire/EMS is NOT training. It is automated fire dispatch.

Samantha will only be on Tac 13 for a couple more weeks...not worth a DB update.

Status
Not open for further replies.