Chesterfiled Va

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewball

I live in powhatan va. I am wanting to make sure before I get a digital scanner to listen to Chesterfiled Police and Fire I will be able to get the signal. I am with the Powhatan Vol. fire department and I cant seem to find anyone here who listens to them from powhatan. Can anyone help here. Thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread moved to the regional forum. Please post in the appropriate place.

adwcbw

Premium Subscriber
You should easily be able to listen to Chesterfields signal in Powhatan, my brother lives out there and I have never had a problem when I am out there.

Andy

Last edited:

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
You should easily be able to Chesterfields signal in Powhatan, my brother lives out there and I have never had a problem when I am out there.

Andy

Yep, you can sit in the parking lot at Powhatan HS, and listen to fireground in Colonial Heights. You should have good coverage, even in a handheld, through most of the county. Definitely no problem in Flat Rock and Powhatan CH.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Try programming the control channel into a scanner that does 800mhz (doesn't have to be digital). All you'll hear is the "noise", but it'll give you an idea of how strong the signal is and what to expect for coverage.

kewball

Thanks guys. I just bought a PRO 2096. Now what type of antenna should I buy. I am thinking of putting it in my attic instead of outside. I have already bought one for my truck when I am in it. Thanks guys for all your help.
kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.