Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ install

Status
Not open for further replies.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
yzuzapa9.jpg

This install was done by First Priority Emergency Vehicles in Flanders NJ. Just got it done.
Will post more pictures tomorrow. Just got home from the install..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
yzuzapa9.jpg

This install was done by First Priority Emergency Vehicles in Flanders NJ. Just got it done.
Will post more pictures tomorrow. Just got home from the install..

Nice to see an LTZ get upfitted. I'm not sure I'd like those sharp corners on the console, though. But I don't know, maybe just this picture makes it look worse than it is but I can see myself scratching or cutting myself on those corners...hopefully it isn't as sharp as it looks?

Looks like a nice, clean install however!

cash082

Premium Subscriber
Nope, they are not as bad as they look. You are speaking of where it goes down to the cup holders right? There is actually an angled piece there. I will try to take some better pictures on my lunch break from work.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Nope, they are not as bad as they look. You are speaking of where it goes down to the cup holders right? There is actually an angled piece there. I will try to take some better pictures on my lunch break from work.

Yes. From the angle of the photo it looks like a sharp corner on the driver and passenger side, where it comes up from the cupholders. I was wondering if it was just the angle of the pic and not really how it is.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
7apy5egy.jpg

Does this help?
Antennas:
e6a3u4ed.jpg

Yes, sure does. What my eyes were seeing and my brain was interpreting was two sharp metal corners. Obviously not the case (and I didn't think it would be).

Looks good. I have that Larsen tri-band myself...used for receive only right now on my 996xt.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
I've been using them for years for scanning. I love my Larsen tri-band.
Up on the roof is
Biggest - Browning 5.5gain UHF antenna
The Larsen tri-band for scanner
Larsen VHF for...VHF

fdscan

What's the switch, is that a warning light switch or a power kill switch to the radios?

Nice install.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
The switch controls my LED Whelen Ion's in the Grille.

The reason I bought Tecnet was - I have a friend that sells them. He convinced me thanks to a really affordable price, and a 3 year warranty on them. I really wanted the warranty at the time because I had them in a Jeep Wrangler under a soft top. Who knows if it was going to leak, if they were going to get bird crap on the radios when the top is down, elements with the top down and such. So I went with them, and really..I've been very pleasantly happy. Excellent receive/transmit.
Going with most other brands 2 radios with warranty would be a fortune.

I would like to eventually go Motorola and get an XTL or PM series radio in the future into my truck..but the problem is I'm running out of space! I'd most likely have to take a Tecnet out.

Either way, I've been very happy with them!

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Curious: Roughly what does it cost for the labor to have a system like that installed, and the antennas and mounts installed? I assume at least a few hundred dollars, but one thing I haven't seen on most of the posts for professional installs is the cost.

Thanks!!!

cash082

Premium Subscriber
It costs a few thousand to get everything custom done like I got. Down to CAD drawings and everything precise. I did it cause I plan on having my vehicle for a long time and don't regret it at all

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
I think he said he was a Volunteer. That is a very popular vehicle for VFD use... The Chiefs here in NY use them... although I have found them moving from them to Suburbans and some even like to have a big pick up truck.

The State police even have 1 or 2 of them .

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I think he said he was a Volunteer. That is a very popular vehicle for VFD use... The Chiefs here in NY use them... although I have found them moving from them to Suburbans and some even like to have a big pick up truck.

The State police even have 1 or 2 of them .

Yeah, same here. The chief and asst chief on the city FD both have 3/4 ton crew cab Ram trucks and the OEM coord has a Ford Expedition XL (extended length, like a Suburban). Guess they have a lot of gear to haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.