Chevy Blazer install

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

Premium Subscriber
This is a temporary install in my 2002 Chevy Blazer. It is a Radio Shack Pro-433 scanner and a Kenwood TK-6110 that I have modified for 29-54 MHz (dual band 6 and 10 meter FM). The TK-6110 also can RX and TX the full low band spectrum. I have a Larsen NMO-150 VHF with black whip and a Laird 27 MHz with a black whip, cut for 29.50 MHz. Both antennas tuned with MFJ analyzer. I have a 6M Larsen if I am going to use 6M. This is a temp install as I am programming my Syntor X9000 low band and my XTL5000 110W VHF for permanent installation. More pics to come.

The scanner is mainly for VHF scanning and I monitor 10M anytime driving. Look for me on 29.600

Attachments

SCPD

QRT
Just dont ever have a full cup of anything in that cup,it will spill into the reservior by the two way radio.
Looks good though.
I had one of those consoles once and my friend had a full cup,of course it ended up in the BCD-996XT,oddly worked fine after I cleaned the
Sonic Limeade out of it. So be careful!

sibbley

Nice job. That's what I did with my 996xt when I still had a Blazer. Now I have a Trailblazer and the best I could do was a RAM windshield mount for my HP2 and a couple Proclips for hand helds.

wcu02mpa

Premium Subscriber
Power

Power is done with power outlets. Like I said....temp only. Getting my X9000 and my XTL5000 reprogrammed is a bit time consuming, but I needed my ten and six meter fix. I have been chatting it up on simplex and through the W5DFW repeater in Texas...... 29.660. I will run a power distribution block from the B+ lead this weekend. I won't even address the cup comment; even though FSU rules!!!!

DJ11DLN

Premium Subscriber
Nice job. That's what I did with my 996xt when I still had a Blazer. Now I have a Trailblazer and the best I could do was a RAM windshield mount for my HP2 and a couple Proclips for hand helds.
No kidding! I have a '08 Trailblazer which I really love as a vehicle but kinda hate at a radio platform. There's just no place to put anything.:(

madrabbitt

No kidding! I have a '08 Trailblazer which I really love as a vehicle but kinda hate at a radio platform. There's just no place to put anything.:(
my company leased a trailblazer for 9 months. Best we could come up with was a suction mount on the upper left corner of the windshield for the remote head with the radio under the back seat. Super obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.