Chevy Blazer install

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

This is a temporary install in my 2002 Chevy Blazer. It is a Radio Shack Pro-433 scanner and a Kenwood TK-6110 that I have modified for 29-54 MHz (dual band 6 and 10 meter FM). The TK-6110 also can RX and TX the full low band spectrum. I have a Larsen NMO-150 VHF with black whip and a Laird 27 MHz with a black whip, cut for 29.50 MHz. Both antennas tuned with MFJ analyzer. I have a 6M Larsen if I am going to use 6M. This is a temp install as I am programming my Syntor X9000 low band and my XTL5000 110W VHF for permanent installation. More pics to come.

The scanner is mainly for VHF scanning and I monitor 10M anytime driving. Look for me on 29.600

Attachments

• IMG_2446.jpg
    IMG_2446.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,134
  • IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,118

SCPD

QRT
Just dont ever have a full cup of anything in that cup,it will spill into the reservior by the two way radio.
Looks good though.
I had one of those consoles once and my friend had a full cup,of course it ended up in the BCD-996XT,oddly worked fine after I cleaned the
Sonic Limeade out of it. So be careful!

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup, and yes monitoring the 10m FM repeaters for openings is always fun.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Nice job. That's what I did with my 996xt when I still had a Blazer. Now I have a Trailblazer and the best I could do was a RAM windshield mount for my HP2 and a couple Proclips for hand helds.

wcu02mpa

Power

Power is done with power outlets. Like I said....temp only. Getting my X9000 and my XTL5000 reprogrammed is a bit time consuming, but I needed my ten and six meter fix. I have been chatting it up on simplex and through the W5DFW repeater in Texas...... 29.660. I will run a power distribution block from the B+ lead this weekend. I won't even address the cup comment; even though FSU rules!!!!

DJ11DLN

Nice job. That's what I did with my 996xt when I still had a Blazer. Now I have a Trailblazer and the best I could do was a RAM windshield mount for my HP2 and a couple Proclips for hand helds.
No kidding! I have a '08 Trailblazer which I really love as a vehicle but kinda hate at a radio platform. There's just no place to put anything.:(

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
No kidding! I have a '08 Trailblazer which I really love as a vehicle but kinda hate at a radio platform. There's just no place to put anything.:(

my company leased a trailblazer for 9 months. Best we could come up with was a suction mount on the upper left corner of the windshield for the remote head with the radio under the back seat. Super obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.