• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Chicago Dispatcher's start a Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

Premium Subscriber
Scram said:
This is pretty interesting, reading what they've got going on around them..
http://chicagodispatch.blogspot.com/

I find it more interesting since I live in the state.. But it's pretty cool of them to have formed a blog and post away!

More and more departments are preventing their employees from "blogging" about specifics of their job duties. It is not uncommon to have written/signed documentation stating that employees will refrain from posting about policies, procedures, reports, incidents etc.

I personally know a deputy that was fired for blogging about his daily activity. Not using names, but documenting specific incidents at specific locations.

Scram

I've heard of a similar situation, well atleast him getting reprimanded, don't know for sure if he was fired.. but I think that's just not right, because all incidents are public record anyway, and any news paper can publish an event if they would like to.. so why can't a un-identified cop go about a daily blog, that's why I frequent the 'Copscop blog' and few others, it's interesting reading about what they are up too, most of them don't give away their state, which is good on their part just because big brother is always watching..

Go-24

antfreq said:
More and more departments are preventing their employees from "blogging" about specifics of their job duties. It is not uncommon to have written/signed documentation stating that employees will refrain from posting about policies, procedures, reports, incidents etc.

I personally know a deputy that was fired for blogging about his daily activity. Not using names, but documenting specific incidents at specific locations.
Yep, you now with all those terrorist running amuck; I am sure homeland security / public safety protocol wouldnt allow such a thing. LOL - Rule by Fear, its the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.