Chicago EMS Digital!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Wow, Chicago EMS sounds great! What a huge improvment from their old analog system! :) The only thing is the dispatcher sounds VERY loud and distorted. Why is this? I haven't heard anything on the old analog channels 460.600 and 460.625 for about a week? Are they FULLY switched to the digital radio system?

Also, this is a conventional radio system or trunked? I've heard both. I've head that at first they'll use the repeaters conventional and then when CFD and CPD go digital it will go to a trunking format.

Last Question: Are these repeaters programmed for 0 hang time? After the tranmission the repeater shuts off right away. Almost like you'd be hearing if you were hearing time on direct, or the input! I love it :)

Thanks soooooooooooooo much for the help everyone! :)

Last edited:

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
EMS is fully switched over Fire in June. Its a simucasted repeated system. No trunking CPD just narrowbanded all the Zones so they arent going anywhere for now. Thats the way P25 sounds no repeater hang.

Honestly I like the old analog system better. I monitor them on a motorola XTS5000

N9INO

Here's a post I made to the CARMA list a few days ago...

CFD testing on their UHF system this morning.

Channel 1-477.7875 ($ 293) Main
Channel 6-476.6875 ($ 293) Citywide Fire
Channel 11-460.6250 (156.7) METRO 4
Channel 12-477.9875 ($ 293) Joint Ops

Sorry, I don't have the other channel numbers/names/frequencies. This was all I could catch over the air before I went to wok. They still have access to the analog UHF channels. I heard them on 462.975 today.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.