• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Chicago Fire tv show apx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whospoonbill

I got a question do y’all know what radio apx number Chicago Fire tv show uses I know they use the xe500 black speaker mic but what radio is it is it the 6000 6000xe 7000 7000xe 8000 8000xe or something different

K7MFC

WRAA720
On many shows, the Moto decal is removed from the radio, or speaker mike.

lol - I noticed this on "CHiPs" reruns: Motnics

chips-radio-jpg.66456

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I remember back in the 60' and 70's the original Hawaii 50 used 154.600 for scenes where they would talk on radios. There would be a person or actor off camera that would talk into another radio and a microphone was placed next to the radio in the scene so the audio would sound like it was coming off the radio in the car.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I recall hearing that the Adam-12 radio scenes would have a person in the back seat hiding while reading the radio script and recording various responses of the actors talking into the mic. The recorded voice of the dispatcher was actually a real LAPD dispatcher who was utilized for the television show. I've also heard theres a background into how the LAPD chose specific female voices who spoke and sounded calm on the radio in order to induce a sense of calm during tense incidents on the radio

mbnv992

We’d have no way of telling if it was a 6000 or 8000 unless they would show a super close up shot of the radio showing the model number on the front of it. And that would be next to impossible since they even blur out the Motorola label. So take a guess. 6K or 8K no one knows.

We had a “radios in movies” topic on Batlabs years ago and it was a great thread that turned out to be many pages long with tons of cool info in it. I remember the Sp50 was used almost front and center stage of the movie “US Marshals”. The whole gang was using that radio all throughout the movie. Thought that was strange, but, it’s a movie and they use whatever the production / prop department gives them.

a417

U+0000
paint the holster you put it in, not the scanner...or better yet, get a hi-vis strap. You're asking for trouble by painting the unit directly.

Whospoonbill

paint the holster you put it in, not the scanner...or better yet, get a hi-vis strap. You're asking for trouble by painting the unit directly.

Is green tape good will it damage the sds100 I was thinking of getting glow in the dark tape for when I walk with it and yes it gonna be in a holster on the firefighter radio strap that strap I got the reflected belt but I want to be brighter if that makes sense especially when I have the scanner in my holder behind my back on my ass basically like you see in Chicago Fire I might even just get a Motorola xe500 mic the green one and rubber band it to the sds100 so that way I’m more visible even with the belt I still almost gotten ran over just last week I had the belt on and this tow truck was so close to the bicycle lane I was walking on that I could have hit is flatbed I should have cause there was a police officer right behind him and he did absolutely nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.