Chicago Marine Freq's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was near the lake recently and was able to scan around. I got one freq that I'm not sure about, and would like to know what specific freqs are in use in Chicago. I have been to the USCG site, and that's the complete listing which is good to have, but i'm more fixed on what freqs are being used locally. (Locks, chatter freqs, cruise ships at Navy Pier, etc.)

Here's the one I got: 156.420 (Seems to be a calling freq for ferry service to and from boats moored out on the lake near by the Chicago Yacht Club and the area just south of Navy Pier)

chgomonitor

Silent Key
Chicago Lake Michigan Freqs

156.425 Marine Ch68 Monroe Harbor & Columbia Yacht Club
156.450 Marine Ch09 Lake Michigan Calling Channel
156.600 Marine Ch12 Chgo Bridge Operations
156.650 Marine Ch13 Chgo Locks Navigation
156.700 Marine Ch14 Chgo Locks Operations
156.800 Marine Ch16 Emergency
157.025 Marine Ch80A Wendella & Skyline tours

In the boating season the Chicago shores get very busy on the marine channels. Try just searching the entire bands, tons of stuff out there. Happy Scanning! - Ted

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks Ted! I am trying now to figure out the math for the duplex freq's. There are a few I heard where only one side of the conversation was heard and knew immediately there had to be a duplex there per the USCG freq plan. Unless I just program in the duplex freq as a separate memory right next to the TX freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.