Chicago O'Hare UHF T-Band TRS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I have had the same issues with NYC-DOITT and Westchester Fire. Apparently with simulcast systems I've noticed that when the system fades in and out that Unitrunker falses and gives bad info, like multiple wrong system ID's windows and even talk group numbers. When I receive a strong signal, I have no problems.

Thanks for the info radioman I appreciate it. That's interesting that you were running into the same issues on the Westchester and NYC-DOITT. I am probably about a mile to two miles away from the airport and surrounded by buildings and concrete so that probably doesn't help.

Just for the heck of it, this evening I reprogrammed the system into my scanner and hooked it up to Unitrunker and don't seem to be having any problems. Its recognizing all the channels right away so have a feeling that it was probably a issues with the settings in my scanner. I thought I had everything set correctly.

Attachments

• Unitrunker 2-23-2012.jpg
    Unitrunker 2-23-2012.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Unitrunker 2-23-2012-2.jpg
    Unitrunker 2-23-2012-2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 133

chgomonitor

Silent Key
For what it's worth... I haven't tried running any trunking programs on this system in quite some time. But when I'm listening to this system on either my 396 or 996 I've noticed I have to be fairly close to the field to get accurate system tracking. I can be at home in the north suburbs using an outside gain antenna and getting what sounds like an excellent signal on the control channel - but the system often just won't track. But if I take the radio to the vicinity of the field with the exact same settings it starts tracking and copying the digital traffic right away. Happy scanning! - Ted

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
Has DOA/Operations moved over completely to the UHF-T P25 system or are they still utilizing the old 800 system? Brooms, Sanders, Salters, plows, snow units and Vamma's are now on this UHF-T system and no longer on the city's 800 MHz system.

Exclusive Chicago O'Hare Airport tour - Snow removal equipment garage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huNcNLPdo_4

Exclusive Chicago O'Hare Airport tour - on taxiways at O'Hare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIAfOhSZy9U

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.