Chicago PD Zone 8

Opossum214

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what's going on with zone 8? Nothing but static noise.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what's going on with zone 8? Nothing but static noise.
didn't Z8 go P25 encrypted last week?
Probably now in P25 mode with encryption?
Zone 8 recently joined Zone 9 in switching its freq from analog to ENC P25. The original plan was to switch all CPD ops to the new P25 Phase II trunked system, but it turns out that they're sticking with 460 MHz conventional (at least for dispatch purposes).

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Zone 8 recently joined Zone 9 in switching its freq from analog to ENC P25. The original plan was to switch all CPD ops to the new P25 Phase II trunked system, but it turns out that they're sticking with 460 MHz conventional (at least for dispatch purposes).

Add Zone 7 to the list as of this morning. All 2nd & 3rd District units were switched to C-7 (TGID 5907/NAC 303) on their radios, "the new digital encrypted channel". Zones 5 & 7 have been patched for some time since they only had 1 District per zone and both Districts are currently being dispatched on the encrypted Zone 7.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Add zone 6 Districts 7&8 to the new digital encrypted radio system. my trusty analog scanners (which are many) are now vomiting data bursts through their speakers.

Yes, on Friday morning they went over. Zone 4 should be going next week which would be the order they're following. When you hear a Zone on Citywide 6 for an extended period of time, it means they are reprogramming the Zone for encryption.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Zone 4 should be going next week which would be the order they're following. When you hear a Zone on Citywide 6 for an extended period of time, it means they are reprogramming the Zone for encryption.

Zone 13 is next it would appear....they're on Citywide 6 early this morning.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

I really don't know how all this crime is being committed within 2 Districts (12/14th), that are being dispatched on an encrypted Zone (Zone 3), since the purpose/selling point of encryption was to prevent the criminals from monitoring the police and getting the "jump" on police responses. :unsure:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I really don't know how all this crime is being committed within 2 Districts (12/14th), that are being dispatched on an encrypted Zone (Zone 3), since the purpose/selling point of encryption was to prevent the criminals from monitoring the police and getting the "jump" on police responses. :unsure:
I thought there is a long delay like 45 mints? I read something about Disp has a long delay for online listening.