Chicago Police and Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9kfj

Just to let you all know,Chicago police and fire are coming in like gangbusters on the north side of Racine.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Lake Michigan shoreline ducting again... ???

I was receiving 3 out-of-area control channels on the Green Bay TRS frequencies as strong as their mains on Tuesday, April 22. That can't be good for local comm reliability. It sounds as if it may have been coming from one of the systems in Indiana on 856.2125, 857.2125 and 858.2125.

I was also getting some kind of highway maintenance traffic on 453.9500 from somplace near Chicago as well.

edge99

RevGary said:
Lake Michigan shoreline ducting again... ???

I was receiving 3 out-of-area control channels on the Green Bay TRS frequencies as strong as their mains on Tuesday, April 22. That can't be good for local comm reliability. It sounds as if it may have been coming from one of the systems in Indiana on 856.2125, 857.2125 and 858.2125.

If the Indiana system is using a different connect tone from the Green Bay system, the Green Bay users won't hear anything.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
edge99 said:
If the Indiana system is using a different connect tone from the Green Bay system, the Green Bay users won't hear anything.

That's TRUE - the TRS PD portables locally DON'T hear anything when the high RF field from out of state on the same frequency blocks their reception from their own system. I heard the dispatcher mention "reception issues" on the administrative channel to one of the zone sergeants. He asked the sergeant if the downtown and park bike patrol officers should come back in to get cruisers instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.