Chicago Police Dept. 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Was able to get look at the "new" CPD District/Area realignments. 3 Districts are being eliminated, but will be "re-born" in other areas of the city. Eliminated Districts are 23,24,25. Re-located will be 13th District (The current 25th District), 19th (Taking over 23rd District and current 19th District {Wilson Ave. will be the north border, east to lakefront, west to current border, south to Fullerton}. This will be a very busy area, especially during the summer with all the night life. The 21st District will be re-located to the current 24th District. The 2nd District will take over the current 21st District, and the north border will be the Stevenson Expressway (24th st.-south of McCormick Place} The 1st District will be the primary District for McCormick Place, which will be busy during the G8/NATO Summit in May. The 12th District will take over the old 13th District, and some modifications on it's south and southeast border with the 1st and 9th District.

Detective Areas will be North-Central-South, and have heard of a city-wide Homicide Unit too. Their will also be Patrol Areas which will be seperate from Detective Areas. Look for Radio Identification Numbers to be reassigned too.

I'll be awaiting Radio Zone modifications with all these changes. The larger the District, the likelihood of a single Zone being assigned. I've been told the second radio upgrades will be coming, and with that the "new" CPD Zones (14,15,16) will be added...both narrow and wide band.

Looks like a whole lotta changes for both Fire and Police in the coming year. Fortunately, very little encryption, or "non-monitorable" systems being installed. Visitors will have to keep an eye here as i'm sure any important changes will be posted.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I been hearing on the CPD 800 Trunk System on TG32 techs talking about radio and tower tuning, yesterday they mentioned the "academy"....Wonder if this has anything to do with the digital FD new radios and towers ??...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
New Zones

***"New" Chicago Police Dept. Narrowband Frequencies. If someone would like to add these to database, please do**... (No Implementation Date Given)

Zone 14: 460.5125 (CTCSS...103.5)

Zone 15: 460.4375 (CTCSS..192.8)

Zone 16: 460.3875 (CTCSS...203.5)

Mounted: 460.5875 (CTCSS..97.4)

Tact-CPD: 460.0375 (CTCSS...203.5)

Area-Wide-1: 460.2375 (CTCSS...173.8)

Area-Wide-2: 460.4625 (CTCSS..123.0)

Area-Wide-3: 460.2625 (CTCSS..141.3)

Area-Wide-4: 460.4125 (CTCSS..91.5)

Area-Wide-5: 460.2125 (CTCSS...97.4)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I would assume the Zones are repeatered. Is everything else simplex?

From what I was able to determine, Mounted will "probably" be the only Simplex Channel. Won't know for sure until everything is up and running. All others had input frequencies in the 465Mhz. range and was able to confirm the input frequencies, and they confirmed the repeater channels I had previously.

cubn

Database Admin
460.5875 Mounted Units

Can anyone verify if this freq is currently used either with 91.5 PL or CSQ as have both been mentioned on CARMA as being used by CPD mounted units? The database currently has 91.5 and the new tone reported this week. If we confirm the old one is no longer accurate, I'll remove it. Thanks.

Chicago13

With the addition of 3 new zones, 16 of the future 22 districts could be on frequencies all by themselves.

Would be fun to theorize which districts would warrant a zone all to themselves, and which 6 would pair up.

Any idea what those new "Area Wide" channels will be used for?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone verify if this freq is currently used either with 91.5 PL or CSQ as have both been mentioned on CARMA as being used by CPD mounted units? The database currently has 91.5 and the new tone reported this week. If we confirm the old one is no longer accurate, I'll remove it. Thanks.

I used Close Call and an XTS5000 in my hand, and my notes. I'll re-check tomorrow if I get a chance...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
With the addition of 3 new zones, 16 of the future 22 districts could be on frequencies all by themselves.

Would be fun to theorize which districts would warrant a zone all to themselves, and which 6 would pair up.

Any idea what those new "Area Wide" channels will be used for?

From the way it looks to me, Area-Wides would probably be used like the current "Alternate" City-Wides. Zone issues, HBT's maybe? This is purely speculative at this time.

I'd look for the 1st District, 19th, 7th, 8th, 10th,11th....to be by themselves at some point. The "A" Band on the radios (Narrowband) have the new Zones programmed. The last I heard though, the OEMC has the new consoles in storage until they can figure out a floor plan on the Operations Floor.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Confirmed using a 97.4 PL just now on the Narrowband City-Wide Zone...

cpd204

***"New" Chicago Police Dept. Narrowband Frequencies. If someone would like to add these to database, please do**... (No Implementation Date Given)

Zone 14: 460.5125 (CTCSS...103.5)

Zone 15: 460.4375 (CTCSS..192.8)

Zone 16: 460.3875 (CTCSS...203.5)

Mounted: 460.5875 (CTCSS..97.4)

Tact-CPD: 460.0375 (CTCSS...203.5)

Area-Wide-1: 460.2375 (CTCSS...173.8)

Area-Wide-2: 460.4625 (CTCSS..123.0)

Area-Wide-3: 460.2625 (CTCSS..141.3)

Area-Wide-4: 460.4125 (CTCSS..91.5)

Area-Wide-5: 460.2125 (CTCSS...97.4)
Which districts will take the new zones?

ToneBurst

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I, and other city residents would like to know who OEMC is going to have staffing these new zones since they have been crying about lack of funding and lack of manpower. This is either going to get real interesting, real quick, or it's going to be more mayhem than there already is. It's bad enough that there is already a disconnect between the call-takers, the dispatchers, and the field units. The calltakers can't get the right information to the dispatchers half the time, and that results in police not knowing who or what they are responding to.

Last edited:

oemctx4

Dave we enjoy reading your and others here speculations on what the next move is on the forum. It sure is a busy time for communications here in the city and the suburbs too. With rebanding 800Mhz, narrowbanding VHF/UHF, and new radio systems like digital simulcast and there is maintenance of exist networks also. I remember when they said Nextel was the end of 2 way. Well Nextel is just about gone (thanks Sprint) but so many depend on radio for public safety and operations it will be around for many years to come. I understand the love for radio communication/scanner listening and that is what brings all together here and on Carma's Yahoo-Group.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Any maps online yet so the rest of us can get a look? I have a color-coded map of the current layout, and if a map of the new layout isn't available at this time, I hope it will be in the future so I can get it color-coded as well.

:)

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Was able to get look at the "new" CPD District/Area realignments. 3 Districts are being eliminated, but will be "re-born" in other areas of the city. Eliminated Districts are 23,24,25. Re-located will be 13th District (The current 25th District), 19th (Taking over 23rd District and current 19th District {Wilson Ave. will be the north border, east to lakefront, west to current border, south to Fullerton}. This will be a very busy area, especially during the summer with all the night life. The 21st District will be re-located to the current 24th District. The 2nd District will take over the current 21st District, and the north border will be the Stevenson Expressway (24th st.-south of McCormick Place} The 1st District will be the primary District for McCormick Place, which will be busy during the G8/NATO Summit in May. The 12th District will take over the old 13th District, and some modifications on it's south and southeast border with the 1st and 9th District.

Detective Areas will be North-Central-South, and have heard of a city-wide Homicide Unit too. Their will also be Patrol Areas which will be seperate from Detective Areas. Look for Radio Identification Numbers to be reassigned too.

I'll be awaiting Radio Zone modifications with all these changes. The larger the District, the likelihood of a single Zone being assigned. I've been told the second radio upgrades will be coming, and with that the "new" CPD Zones (14,15,16) will be added...both narrow and wide band.

Looks like a whole lotta changes for both Fire and Police in the coming year. Fortunately, very little encryption, or "non-monitorable" systems being installed. Visitors will have to keep an eye here as i'm sure any important changes will be posted.

So I am confused. You say the 13th district is going to take over the 25th district radio freq's? How will that work out when they have been on the 460.4250 freq for over twenty years with the 15th district?what will happen to the 15th district then, where are they going to go to?

If the City is remapping districts, then why do they not add the 26th district (currently no such district) they have been talking about for the past 12 years, and then remap things?

Some of this makes NO Sense. But it is the Big City, and politics controls everything there, this I know first hand!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
So I am confused. You say the 13th district is going to take over the 25th district radio freq's? How will that work out when they have been on the 460.4250 freq for over twenty years with the 15th district?what will happen to the 15th district then, where are they going to go to?

If the City is remapping districts, then why do they not add the 26th district (currently no such district) they have been talking about for the past 12 years, and then remap things?

Some of this makes NO Sense. But it is the Big City, and politics controls everything there, this I know first hand!

The 23rd, 24th, 25th District (numbers) are being eliminated. The 13th District (as it stands now), is being absorbed by surrounding Districts. The (new) 13th District, will be the (old) 25th District. I (suspect), the conversation monitored by the radio techs may have been related to that. It makes perfect sense as the Radio Zone (12), would encompass the same area. The radios (XTS 5000's), have all Zones and City-Wides as well as Narrowbanded Zones and City-Wides. On the day of implentation, the beat tags (13th District), will be placed on the beat cars in the (old) 25th District. So...2511 will now be 1311. The 15th District remains the same.

Last edited:

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Thank you for clearing that up for us. I guess beat cops are going to have a hard time calling themselfs in for the first couple months..lol. 2514, I mean 1314......it also is going to take some getting used too to hear 1300 numbers instead of the 2500 numbers....thanks again.

Dafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.