Chicago tgid 24608

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
IF something SENSITIVE had actually been written in this thread, it would've been a different story, other than that, they may now know they can be heard and will operate smarter. RELAX.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
tweatherford said:
IF something SENSITIVE had actually been written in this thread, it would've been a different story, other than that, they may now know they can be heard and will operate smarter. RELAX.

Identifying a "covert unit" is not considered "SENSITIVE" then i'm not sure what's off limits. To the average joe, these conversations have no meaning. If you're a high-ranking drug distributor who's trying to get a leg up on what's going on, you find out that their's narcotics units operating in an open mode that you can listen to with a $129 scanner from Radio Shack, game over. We have gone back and forth about this for along time Terry, and you have your reasons and I have mine. Their has been a few of us who have agreed privately to keep this system to ourselves for these obvious reasons. So now, they seem to be on Nextel Group Connect, with this system as back up. Not sure of the reason for this yet, but since the new Superintendent is with the F.B.I., we may see more communications go this way. I am RELAXED, enjoying listening to what I can until ENCRYPTION kills this hobby..

KSJ745

eastroom.jpg

KB9WUV

For once I agree with WERINSHADES but MAN!!! you talk so much relax and let the guy enjoy this hobby like you did when you started.You brag so much about your correct imfo
on this system but dont provide anything to the list on it. TAKE A CHILL PILL you were a newbie once...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
KB9WUV said:
For once I agree with WERINSHADES but MAN!!! you talk so much relax and let the guy enjoy this hobby like you did when you started.You brag so much about your correct imfo
on this system but dont provide anything to the list on it. TAKE A CHILL PILL you were a newbie once...

LOL..thanks for your analysis, now I have to get off your couch. My info is 100% correct, but I have not submitted info on this system once. I have a nice list which is easily updated which I have e-mailed to a select few. I have made plenty of submissions to the Database over the years, on other systems, which i'm proud to report are 100% correct...LOL. The OCD Talkgroup information that is corect was given to an individual who then submitted it and called it his own. No problem, never saw another update. It doesn't matter much now, as this system is being phased out. I did hear it may be going to Streets and Sanitation & CTA, but that is not confirmed. I would not be suprised to see the OEMC and this system combined for that purpose. You will hear some radio traffic still, but my last count 4 active Talkgroups. Search warrants notifications are all over the Zones, but not a peep on the OCD Trunking. Heard a Narcotics Beat making notification on Zone 6 this evening, and in the background I heard the infamous Nextel "beep, we're in". Nextel is coming out with new phones that support Q-Chat at the end of the month, so it will continue.

chgomonitor

Silent Key
CPD TRS Talkgroups Active Today

64 Motor Maintenance Division
160 PDT Training
288 Unknown
352 Mayoral
384 Firecom
640 Unknown
1280 Materials & Supply
1408 Unknown
1664 Unknown
2176 Unknown
3424 Unknown
8320 Unknown
16512 Narcotics 5
18960 Gangs 4
24608 Intel A
29760 Area 4 Detectives
32784 OCD A
32992 OCD N
41472 Unknown
41536 Unknown
45072 Marine Unit 1
700128 I-Call ID

With a few exceptions I cannot confirm the the actual users of the above talk groups. These are from my records. But there was activity today on all the above talk groups. I've also been listening to the system since it's inception. One thing is for certain - this is one of the oldest trunked radio systems in Chicago, and either the controller is about burned out or they are doing quite a bit of TG simulcasting. This morning I could have sworn I caught the Main Fire Alarm Office repair techs simulcasting on 128, 384 and 16512, odd. And yes, it does appear there has been some fairly recent reorganization of TG users, possibly adding some new (Admin?) ones.

Give it a listen and report what you can confirm. This hobby is all about sharing information. Share what you hear or we all lose.

Happy Scanning! - Ted

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Its only sharing when those who truly believe in the hobby give what they know to help others.

Unlike some who like to play " I've got a secret"

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
[Unlike some who like to play " I've got a secret"[/QUOTE]

Awwwww...relax. It's short lived anyway. Did you check the Chicago Police Zones, City-Wides, Midway UHF-T Talkgroup information. Seems like I submitted quite a bit of information there over the years. Now if you play your cards right and be very patient, you will have the whole CFD Digital line-up soon. Not that i'm keeping it a secret, but my policy is "not to submit information unless it's 100% verified". I wish i'd see more of that on the database instead of "TG 1234..unid". That's just my 2 cents worth. Happy Listening...or..what's the other one..Happy Scanning!!!

KSJ745

Nextel is here to stay with the CPD and other city depts. And from an EXTREMELY reliable source.... Many of the OCD and other covert units are using the new UHF T-band digital simplex frequencies in ENCRYPTED mode. Several bosses have also voiced complaints about having to carry 2 different types of radio's (STX and XTS, Sabers, etc) along with a bunch of extra batteries. They are also well aware of how easy it is for "Pookie" to monitor the analog OCD TRS system with a scanner and they are not happy!

Happy Scanning? Not for long!

Tony

Last edited:

Statevillian

Accurate..believe it or not

KSJ745 said:
Nextel is here to stay with the CPD and other city depts. And from an EXTREMELY reliable source.... Many of the OCD and other covert units are using the new UHF T-band digital simplex frequencies in ENCRYPTED mode. Several bosses have also voiced complaints about having to carry 2 different types of radio's (STX and XTS, Sabers, etc) along with a bunch of extra batteries. They are also well aware of how easy it is for "Pookie" to monitor the analog OCD TRS system with a scanner and they are not happy!

Happy Scanning? Not for long!

Tony
Yes. They have already started using 'transition' radios for surveillance already. The switch over has begun. I wish it wren't true, but it is. For those of us who used to enjoy it and not post goofy questions like.."Who uses TG??????" or posted all the explicit details, or TG lists it was a good time. But, other hobbyists and the criminals have ruined it once again. No rebuttal necessary.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, "Statevillian" is correct, on CH9 news at 9pm last nite Mayor Daley said on camera he wants ALL reserves used this weekend for gang problems from "helo's" to the "NEW Radio System"....

Statevillian

For those who work for Cook County....or who worked for bidding vendors when the NEW Cook County trunked system was being bid out....Cook County Sherif bigwigs wanted an encrypted system for a few reasons....outlaw biker gangs, organized crime remnants in cluding street gangs, and a local scanner folks were cited in their actual meeting minutes internally and with the vendor. So, albeit a small piece, local scanning played a key part in making available channel layouts and frequencies for public view so easy that local gangs and 'high functioning biker gangs'...and that is a quote from the paperwork....could easily monitor all CCSP operations. The person who headed up their anti-terror task force was the main thrust behind the encryption key use only gang files used countywide and the digital encryption radio system. With that little...yet powerful information I just threw out there any person involved in that purchase from the county or vendor end would be able to say...YES, that is true. Minutes were from 2000 for those of you who need a little help. Just throwing info out there...channel plans and TG's has been a problem for many agencies and everyone says, "Well, it's public". True. But, who made those channel plans and TG ID's public....hobbyists, not the criminals who turn to internet searches to find the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.